Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 peterbilt 359 exhood

Hey guys; here's my 1st post surgery project; it's an exhood for the 1/16 pete kit...it is 8" longer than what's in the kit, I am doing both stock and custom fenders for it....more stuff coming soon; trying to get this new hand working again..........matt

Edited by monkeyclaw

Matt,

Very interesting! I need an extended hood for my mid 70s Pete (The V12 Detroit will be installed in this one) that I have on the drawing board and was going to build my own. But if you have mastered one then I'll take a couple from you straight away.

I have also thought about building a small window 359 with an extended hood. Probably a question for Tim. Do you know if the extended hood for the little window was the same as the extended hood for the big window 359? Now building a 1/16 Little window cab that would be a challenge!

Good Luck with your recovery

Best Wishes

Dave

Dave; Thanks; The work is going slower than before; but I was prepared for that.....hey; if you do the detroit 12; then I don't have to LOL... As for the little window; if memory serves, the old amt kit cabs were the same size; only the height was different, and of course the smaller windows....I'll have to look.... I am also setting up small (36") bunk kits for both pete and Kw 1/16 kits; which will allow builders a couple more options over just the base kits.... as soon as these are done (next month) ; I will be starting on a KW "AERO" cab, and W900L bonnet, so that we will have at least ONE modern truck option in 1/16 scale....at this point it looks like ther W900L bonnet will also morph into T-908 form for the Aussie market as well. Modelers can also look forward to a couple more engine and wheel and tire options in 2010 as well.................matt

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I am new to the forum thing but I am wondering about where to find any aftermarket parts for the 1/16 peterbilt and kenworth kits. I am just getting back into the model building and I have a large stash of the large kits and extra stock parts. If you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Scott

I am also setting up small (36") bunk kits for both pete and Kw 1/16 kits; which will allow builders a couple more options over just the base kits.... as soon as these are done (next month) ; I will be starting on a KW "AERO" cab, and W900L bonnet, so that we will have at least ONE modern truck option in 1/16 scale....at this point it looks like ther W900L bonnet will also morph into T-908 form for the Aussie market as well. Modelers can also look forward to a couple more engine and wheel and tire options in 2010 as well.................matt

Matt, if you are doing this, I will definately jump on that. I have the red KW kit and I was looking to chop the sleeper into the single bunk. If you do that, I'll definately buy one. As for engines, which ones you planning on doing?

Dave; Thanks; The work is going slower than before; but I was prepared for that.....hey; if you do the detroit 12; then I don't have to LOL... As for the little window; if memory serves, the old amt kit cabs were the same size; only the height was different, and of course the smaller windows....I'll have to look.... I am also setting up small (36") bunk kits for both pete and Kw 1/16 kits; which will allow builders a couple more options over just the base kits.... as soon as these are done (next month) ; I will be starting on a KW "AERO" cab, and W900L bonnet, so that we will have at least ONE modern truck option in 1/16 scale....at this point it looks like ther W900L bonnet will also morph into T-908 form for the Aussie market as well. Modelers can also look forward to a couple more engine and wheel and tire options in 2010 as well.................matt

thats great plans

any cummins and yellow engine(the one that begins with a c)on the radar?????????