Model Cars Magazine Forum

Current WIP 69 Camaro Pro-touring Z28

doublej

Base kit is the Revell Z28. Body is bone stock painted Testors Diamond Dust. Bare matel foil was added but its hard to see against the silver paint. Wheels are Fujimi 19" split 5 spokes. I painted the spokes black and left the lip, lugs and center cap chrome. I still have to add the black Z28 racing stripes, that'll really make the wheels stand out even more. I added updated seats, photo reduced guages and painted the seated to look like gray & black leather. I added a LS1 engine from a late 90s Corvette, I still have to add the coil covers, Im doing them in carbon fiber. The chassis is where most of the work went. I added subframe connectors, these are made by cutting out the floor pan and custom shaping styrene box tubing to fit in place. I also added a 4 link rear end from a 95 firebird kit. The rear also has mini tubs to fit the larger wheel. The exhaust is make from solder and aluminum tubing. I stole some big & bigger disk brakes from a Tamiya kit. I still have some work to do, but hopefully i can finish it in the next couple of weeks. thanks for looking JJ. PS. My photo taking skills are lacking.

S6301352.jpg

S6301347.jpg

S6301349.jpg

S6301350.jpg

Edited by doublej

Looks real good. Like the motor in there. I know you really have to get at least the shocks out of the fenderwells. I think once you get rid of the leaf springs, it really opens up. I grabbed the rear end out of a 65 Chevelle (if I remember correctly).

100_1217.jpg

are youy going to put any stripes on it?

Mike