Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally, My dream build... A 1970 AMX!

Salvo

Thanks Jeff! That is an awesome shot! Yeah, that is a very sweet ride... I have longed for a '70 AMX for sooo loonnngggg! I had a '71 Javelin SST that over a period of about 8yrs I built into a pretty sweet ride, turned mid 11's but was certainly no 8sec. ride! :D

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Javelin.jpg

Edited by Salvo

I LOVE AMX's! I had a 68, 390, 4 spd, posi, back in May of 69. Maybe the shifter was a little sloppy, maybe the engine was a little hefty, but that little sucker was pretty quick! I never should have gotten rid of it. (doesn't everybody say that about at least one of their cars? I passed on looking at the UTube post until I saw the wheelie picture, then I looked at the film. COOL! Thanks for starting this thread and I'm also looking forward to seeing more. Gary

Edited by LO51 MERC

I have been able to get some stuff done over the past few days... pretty much got the chassis work up to snuff... Here's where I'm at...

002-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

I'll keep plugging along as I am able to... I need to start looking at ordering some detail pieces and one of those Bobby Allison Matador kits so I can rob the engine out of it...

'til next time...

Enjoy!

Edited by Salvo