Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Camaro

crazyjim

I haven't been able to do much with models because my Mom is visiting from Michigan. Here's my latest completion - '69 Camaro in Tamiya purple, Testor's grape stripe, Tamiya pearl clear. I rolled the pans pans F &R, Pegasus Diablo wheels & disc brakes (each hole drilled out), wired the engine, polished aluminum exhaust, cutout the fake side vents and filled from the rear.

100_1700.jpg

100_1701.jpg

100_1699.jpg

100_1698.jpg

I like purple & red. What can I say? My Nissan Frontier is white with purple flames and a red stripe. My HD Wide Glide is purple and the flames have red tips. My dune buggy is white with a pruple stripe and red striping. The purple is to honor the fallen heroes from our many wars and the red is to remind people that we still have POW/MIAs.

Should I have mentioned that the grille is from a '58 Chevy?

Yeah it hit me too ....so you wanna run?????

Let me know when & where, Mike. Run what we brung. What engine is in your Camaro? I like the orange paint and the wheels.

Its got a Baldwin 427......meet ya at sebring,,,tomorrow at midnight.......pinks????

IMG_1154.jpg