Model Cars Magazine Forum

i would try to scratchbuild your own rims for it

you just cut out the center of the stock rims (leaving only the outer ring)

and then find a set of alloys you like for the front and cut the center out of those

then all thats left to do is gleu the center of the racing rim into the outer truck ring and then tire should fit no problem

If your using the V12 Detroit make sure its the 12V71TTA turbocharged model. It would be more in keeping with the type of engine that is used for pulling. The type of wheels is an interesting subject. I wonder why spokes were prefered in the east and mid-west but not so on the West Coast? Perhaps more dificult to clean and more skill required to fit? Were spokes cheaper than the Bud and the Alcoa type wheels?

Dave

my plan for it is this . I am planing on an 8 inch chop to the cab custom frame and aircraft seats wil lalso need some front wide rims from the can do Wreaker Ihave the tyres the engine will be a 12v 71detroit

I have some of the exhaust made already and thanks Mackinac 359 after it is completed still not sure where to post the picks of it and I hope you saw my post on some of my builds posted here .

here is the site they are on :::: http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx306/MaddTrucker/Models/

Edited by Madd Trucker

A Pete with a V12 dates the truck to the late 60's to early 70's. A Pete of that vintage would be spec'd "regionally," That is, a truck spec'd for the west most likely would not have spoke wheels, but a truck for the east or mid-west might have had them.

Tim

Interesting Tim! Why is it that western trucks don't usually have spoke wheels. I noticed this even on pre 1960s rigs.