Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner cab over & double drop trailer

• 3 weeks later...

here is some more pics. Headache rack , grille, and bumpers. The headache rack was made with photoetch diamond plate that I bent with my break. I then made a mold of it and cast it in resin. The outside rails were heated and formed around a jig that I made. The grille was modified by adding a small piece of sheet plastic to the top and then adding the photoetch grille material. The rear bumper is plastic stock with photoetch rings added for the lights.

enjoy

rtcarey11

Ray Carey

post-2173-12665482079018_thumb.jpg

post-2173-12665482278512_thumb.jpg

post-2173-12665482471362_thumb.jpg

post-2173-12665482591788_thumb.jpg

Hello Ray

Very nice work with the rivets, certainly a lot of work, check this site out, they do decal rivets as well as weld seams etc, and apply just like decalsMy link and another company where you can make your own in ant sizeMy link

Both are interesting products, and would certainly save a lot of time for anyone else doing the same thing

I really like how you made your rack, certainly shows some detail

Look forward to more updates

• 2 weeks later...

That looks amazing! How did you do the dash? What did you use for toggle switches? Very cool. And I love the wing.

Detail master guages with photoetch rings. The toggle switches are turned aluminum by a good friend of mine.The woodgrain on the dash is painted with Black and testors dark brown.

Amazing!! Ray, do you have any WIP pics of how you built the wing? I want to put one on my Ford LTL 9000 I'm currently working on.

HPIM1694.jpg

I think a wing like that would set this cattle hauler off!

more pics. starting putting on Bare metal foil, slam locks and cab vents. Matt; I don't have any pics of how I built the wing. If you want one the same size I can build you one ; it's pretty easy. I might make another one and cast it. Do you think it would be something the guys would be interested in?

Ray Carey

rtcarey11

post-2173-12684509129391_thumb.jpg

post-2173-12684509358403_thumb.jpg

post-2173-12684509836112_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...