Model Cars Magazine Forum

So Who Has The Popcorn Now?

In that context, Harry, it's actually "said your peace", but that's OK, we knew what ya meant! Sorry, couldn't resist! :lol::)

From freedictionary.com:

Say your piece: to express your opinion about something, especially something that you do not like. "I don't feel there's anything more I can add now - I've said my piece."

In yer face, perfesser! :)

BTW... off topic but interesting... I was just outside shoveling 6" of "global warming" off my driveway!!! B)

I shovelled a foot last sunday morning and had to go back on the evening to shovel another 6"

I posted my original comments over there to give those people a chance to vent a bit about their frustrations with the changes going on here, just in case they felt uncomfortable doing so here.

There's no need to vent about the changes here... Things change, and all you have to do is adapt to it. Don't try to play that new CD on your old turntable, it won't work. Just get a CD player and be done with it.

Edited by Bruno

Here's a really, really, off the wall question.......

Do any of you guys build model cars?

I do, you can see my latest build ('69 AMX) in the underglass section. Finished it last week. My next build is a '71 Superbee.

I build on weekends. I don't have a dedicated workbench, I build on the kitchen table, and I just don't feel like taking all the build stuff out on week nights just for an hour and then put everything back in the closet.

With a join date of 2009, and over 1800 posts when do you get the time to do it? You must live on this forum.....LOL.

If you look Jeff most are of my builds I pop out probley 15-20 Cars in a year.

This year I was only at 11

Edited by Dukefan69'

I do. I've made a total of one comment in this thread, (until now that is). However, when you have to do your spray painting outside, you have over two feet of snow on the ground, & the temperatures are zero or below, (let alone the wind chill), how many more projects should I start before I can spray something, (hopefully sometime this spring, unless we have another cold & wet spring like we did two years ago)? Right now I have five ongoing projects, & who knows how many more stashed away, (somewhere between 10-20), so adding yet another seems a bit of a folly, ya know?

B)

Paint booth man, paint booth....

Get a bathroom vent fan with a good cfm rating, some 3 or 4 " aluminum dryer vent tubing, a nice big, sturdy, cardboard box, and mount the fan and stick the tubing out the window and your ready to go!!

Works for me.....and I paint in all types of weather!!............Stop with the excuses man, and get to painting some stuff!!

Edited by J. Sauber

I used to build model cars, but then this guy lugnuts got me started on a new thing called "Forum Drama" B):lol:

Forum drama is cool between modeling sessions, but I never really let it cut into too much of my bench time.

I always try to build first, then insult people later....LOL.

Edited by J. Sauber

When I have the room, I plan to do that. My wife & I have discussed/decided to redo the spare bedroom into a hobby room this spring, but as we have her late grandmother's bedroom set in it, (something my wife wants to get rid of by getting her mother to take it as it actually belongs to her), there's no room there currently.

I already have a non vented sturdy cardboard wardrobe box I use outside in good weather to spray in, so the rest of your idea is already in my plans, it's just a matter of the weather improving enough where we can deliver that bedroom set to my wife's parents, (again likely this spring).

Sometimes you do what you can do.

B)

I've been using the cardboard paint box routine for a while now. It actually works real well....There are a few times when you can still smell some light fumes, but for the most part, the cardboard booth works wonders for indoor paint sessions. I have the vent tube routed outside through a 4" hole I cut in a plexiglass window and I have an aluminum adapter screwed to the plexiglass that the hose fits snuggly around and is secured with aluminum duct tape. Theres no open window, and the hose stays mounted all year round.