Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini Nail Polish Tutorial

Lownslow

Hello Silken. Does the paint have a 1-2 hour. Dry time? I am going to pick up some enamel thinner today and try this? I use the other thinner for my brushes. Will I be able to use the enamel thinner for this?

hour or 2 thats the average. are you picking up something like i got posted up top or mineral spirits? cause mineral spirits wont work dont know about enamel thinner it has to be the acrylic enamel kind.

i just use this exclusively for painting.

yes because it has a longer dry time. average dry time is 1 to 2 hours

Dry time as long as 2 hours??????

awful lot of time for debris to fill into your paint...........

WHOA...HOLD UP JUST A SECOND............are you talking cure or flash time?? Most lacquers will be cured in that time, so you can tape out for a second color...I just do not see where this is going.....also there is a difference between reducer and thinner.....

That's a sweet paint job!

RacinRay88, an airbrush isn't really as hard to use as one might think. Sure, it takes a little practice to get the best results, but if you can rattle can, you can use an airbrush. I remember the first time i used one. It was on a Palmer (?) 1:32 scale '32 Ford. Painted Testors sapphire blue. Yeah, it had runs and mottling, but it turned out well enough that I never turned back. In fact, the next one I did (an AMT '32 Ford) was not only airbrushed, but was painted a custom mixed color, something you can't do with rattlecans. get yourself a basic inexpensive airbrush to start with, trust me, you'll like it.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS MAN I TO HAVE NOT DONE ANY AIR BRUSH KIND OF INTIMIDATED. DO YOU HAVE A DUAL ACTION ? WELL I RE EDITED SINCE I SAW YOU DID . WELL WHEN PAINTING WITH AIRBRUSH IS INDOORS POSSIBLE OR IS IT STILL A HAZARD LIKE SPRAY BOTTLES

Edited by PLUTODNCR4

You do still have to take the same precautions as you would with spray cans. You still have both paint solids and vapors getting airborne, though it is less to an extent. I do my painting in a garage/workshop that's separate from the house, so it isn't an issue for me.

Here's a bit of inspiration from my wip stash.

100_0726.jpg