Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Dazed & Confused" 73 Plymouth Duster

Car Crazy 81

Heres another project thats in the works i'd got a complete AMT 71 Duster from member disabled modeler which im gonna use as a donor the hard part of this project is finding a MPC 73 or 74 Duster body shell. I know they have a nice resin body from MCW but its pretty steep i'll just keep looking until i'd find one but for now i can start with the frame.

Heres the car im replicating

DazedConfused7.jpg

Edited by Car Crazy 81

Heres another project thats in the works i'd got a complete AMT 71 Duster from member disabled modeler which im gonna use as a donor the hard part of this project is finding a MPC 73 or 74 Duster body shell. I know they have a nice resin body from MCW but its pretty steep i'll just keep looking until i'd find one but for now i can start with the frame.

Heres the car im replicating

099.jpg

I Like it Rick and would Love to have it in My TV and Movie car build,

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25169&st=0

one of my favorite movies BTW

Nick- I just might add my Duster in your TV/Movie build-off i already have my "Vanishing Point" Challenger in there i'll add the Duster as well.

Khart- I have plans on making the paddle im also building Wooderson's Chevelle from an old Monogram kit which im still working on little by little i need to order a P/E kit for it before long i'll wind up building all the cars from "Dazed And Confused" .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

D&C is one of the movies I am building a number of cars from. I have only one completed.........

MARSHALLCHEVY-vi.jpg

I am about 75% complete on the Duster. I had a '73 built up from my youth and it was built well for the time. I striped the paint and made a few mods.

There are a few more you can build.....a few more that you can get very close to.

D&C is one of the movies I am building a number of cars from. I have only one completed.........

MARSHALLCHEVY-vi.jpg

I am about 75% complete on the Duster. I had a '73 built up from my youth and it was built well for the time. I striped the paint and made a few mods.

There are a few more you can build.....a few more that you can get very close to.

Dave, im too replicating Wooderson's Chevelle as well from a old Monogram kit that i have laying around. Nice work on yours. Pink's El Camino is gonna be hard to pull off in scale.

Edited by Car Crazy 81

• 2 weeks later...

Dave, im too replicating Wooderson's Chevelle as well from a old Monogram kit that i have laying around. Nice work on yours. Pink's El Camino is gonna be hard to pull off in scale.

I have seen a 1/32 scale mid 70's Camino but that is it. TRUST ME I have looked for years.