Model Cars Magazine Forum

My new spray booth

Brian Nehring

I got to try out my new booth last weekend. I bought a small blasting cabinet off of eBay and I converted it over to a spray booth. I sealed all the seams with caulking, installed a floor from a piece of shelving, cut a hole in the back and and bolted on a exhaust fan from Menards. When the plexiglass lid is down it seals pretty tight but for added insurance from air contaminates I seal it off with tape when I'm spraying. The only air entering the booth is filtered. For gloves I switched from the heavy duty blasting gloves that were provided with the cabinet and I switched for large veterinary gloves, the kind that go up to your elbow. It'll take a little getting use to but I thinks it's going to work out fine.

Brian

spraybooth03.jpg

spraybooth02.jpg

spraybooth06.jpg

Its a great idea for a paint booth, but it looks really uncomfortable. You'll have to tell us how it feels to use it.

Comfort really isn't an issue, it was a little awkward at first but after a while I got use to just taking my time and being careful not to rush through while I was spraying. Besides a little comfort is worth the trade off of not having dust specs in my paint job.

Brian