Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished in February

I started this in mid January and finished a day or two ago. That's a long time for me.

I started with an Italeri Peterbilt 378, a resin daycab wall from GW Trucks and cut down the frame for a short wheelbase single drive

tractor. The idea is a California ag/farm truck.

378JB_Farms2910.jpg

378JBFARMS292010.jpg

I used resin low-profile tires - I can't remember the resin caster I bought them from. They fit the PB wheels nicely

and give a nice lowered look. I also removed 1/8th inch in height from the springs to further lower the chassis.

378loweredandstock2910.jpg

378daycabbackofcab2910.jpg

379daycabJBlogo2910.jpg

Additional views and in-progress views are on my On The Workbench page on my site.

Thanks for looking!

Tim

Looks really nice. I like your details. What decal sheet is the PacLease logo on? I could use some for a build I have coming up. I'm planning a fleet truck, and they'd be perfect. Does anyone make Ryder Leasing decals?

Again, great job.

I really like the look of those wheels with the tires.

whats the diameter of the new tire?

please post up if you or anyone else remember the caster or know of any others

I'm looking to build a 1/20 dodge ram with an 10 lug conversion and those would be great if the size is right

I know the lindberg 1/20 trucks measure to be about 2 1/4 inch diameter with the stock tires but that is a bit to big

I also haven't been able to find Just the wheels and tires so I dont have to buy a whole kit