Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone make a resin conversion to change a kenworth T800 to a T800H high hood with a set back axle ? what kit would work for this ?sure would like to build one.how much scratch building would be involved.have not done much but, i dont let that stop me.Thanks for the help.

Ron,

Check Chris at Sourkrauts. He has a whole load of stuff for converting, chopping, adding changing, scratch building etc etc etc. Make sure you have plenty of free time before you go to his site. He has that much stuff there it will take you a hour to navigate through it.

Dave

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=6

Buc; you could use a T600; as the axle is already setback. I used the revell T900 aussie truck; as this was the tractor for a triple tank aussie road train. It is a little more work to do the axle setback; but the revell kits are just WAYYYY better to start off with.................matt

Thanks for the info Matt.got a email into sourkraut's.think i will go with revell to.that W900 i think will work.well not really sure the conversion kit say's i need a 1/24 scale. the two trucks i saw were the aussie kw and the revell w900 and they said 1/25 scale.these should work i believe ?

Buc, I have Matt's old master for that T800 High Hood, will be a bit before I get a mold made to cast it though, If you don't have any luck with Sour Krauts I have one that Matt, Brad or Budd one cast that I got in all the stuff when I bought out Rivers Edge Resins from Budd Ricker. Let me know and I will see if I can dig it out.

Sourkraut offers a T800H cab conversion kit from G.W. Trucks. Gary does very nice castings, and the cab is a pre-1995 cab (non-daylight door). You will need the suspension correction as well. I have this set for my T600, and it's quite nice.

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=2&product_id=665

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=3&product_id=576

Thanks Jim And Thanks Porky.I spoke with Chris via email and he will be restocked in a couple of weeks. if not i might take you up on your offer Porky.just ordered my RG aussie KW.waiting for the little brown truck already,LOL!!!!

Thanks Ronnie