Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just had to do it! '06 Mustang GT"updated 01-08-07

Mj-Styro

Seeing how everyone is building one these days! i decided to give it a go as well!

AND YIKES!!! you aint kiddin about the plastic! it started to etch!!! oh my but not to badly! so i let it dry alittle bit longer and gave it a thicker coat of paint and to my suprise it worked!!! then followed by clear!!

NOthing fancy! just a basic box stock build!( i think i can) except for the Boss 302 hood and what will be under the hood........

Two pics! one with flash one with out....

MVC230S-vi.jpg

MVC231S-vi.jpg

Looks good MJ! :P

A couple caveats............ when building it you may have to file out a "U" shape in the front of the inner fenders to make clearance for the headlight buckets. This'll save a headache trying to fit the chassis inside.

Also, you may have to file down the "B" pillars on the interior panels, otherwise the car may end up sitting too high.

Yup, I strongly urge anyone building Revell's kits made from 2004 to present...........you've GOT to seal the plastic!! Whether you use Future, BIN or whatever, it's an absolute MUST if you're gonna use automotive paints! :!: :shock:

Looks good MJ! :lol:

A couple caveats............ when building it you may have to file out a "U" shape in the front of the inner fenders to make clearance for the headlight buckets. This'll save a headache trying to fit the chassis inside.

Also, you may have to file down the "B" pillars on the interior panels, otherwise the car may end up sitting too high.

Yup, I strongly urge anyone building Revell's kits made from 2004 to present...........you've GOT to seal the plastic!! Whether you use Future, BIN or whatever, it's an absolute MUST if you're gonna use automotive paints! :!: :shock:

Thanks Bill!!! i will use that info wisely!! :D

Hi Harry!

Its a resin piece from http://www.dragcitycasting.com

really nice piece to add! and the prices isnt bad either!

Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

Thanks for the response - I saw that hood but it looks much better afeter seeing it on your car - I'm trying to figure out which direction to go with my 06 build and that hood may be one part Iam going to add ....