Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lowrider Mustang

BigBeze

Its the Revell Lowrider Magazine 92' GT Convertible. I started by giving it a new hood. I took the wing from the Fast and Furry Eclipse and am going to put it on the trunk cause i think it would look better than a lugage rack. I havn't found the right rims for it yet but "if you build it they will come". Any suggestions? th_all105.jpg Hows this for a new interior? Its still in progress, and dont think the wheels are going to stay.

all103.jpg

all027.jpg

all029.jpg

Edited by BigBeze

Suggestions.. If I may be honest as I would want done to me... I would keep the rear wing and loose the hood. Or keep the hood and loose the wing. Mustangs have the knack of teeter toddering the border of muscle and tuner. Kinda like newer generation Z28s.( Not brand new lol) I think if it was my build I would have a hard time making it American muscle at Hot Import Nights or a car for Hot Rod Magazine and mixing them up kinda gets in a bind. I do however see one heck of a canvas here :P

Revell Vette snap kit Torques painted to look like the Bullitts.

I have to agree, ditch the shopping cart handle. My 83 GLX vert doesn't have a luggage rack, and the smooth trunk looks sharp. Also, I see you don't have the 'intakes' installed on the body cladding right before the rear wheels......any reason?

With proper detail painting; I think you can get a fairly nice looking finish from this one, just be sure to dull down the shine on those seats.

The rear cladding just hasnt been put on yet, they will be put on. Thanks for the suggestions. Believe it or not this is the first spray job that has not looked like ######, and I was going to stik with the ugly blue interior till you guys made my mind up. Just got done telling my lady that it looked so good except for the interior. Back to the drawing board. Thank you. As for the wing...... Ill save it for a rainy day.

Remember, the Mustang has a two-tone interior from the factory (Dark Gray/Light Gray), so I think the Tan/Blue could work if it follows (roughly, doesn't have to be exact) the same scheme as the factory cars. Just dull the blue down...semi-gloss for leather/vinyl or flat for cloth.

Thanks Dave. It came with some turbine rims but no tires I might hit my local hobby shop John's Hobby Shop and grab some rims, that if I cant find a deal on ebay. When I throw it on some better rims Ill see what the wing looks like. I think it does compliment the hood cause all bump in the front and then just a downward slope for the trunk??? We will see.

I currently own 4 Fox 'Stangs, and all of them are 5 lug swapped and on bigger rubber/rims. I have an 83GLX vert on 17" ADR Designs Black meshes with the polished lips, an 84 TurboGT on 18" FR500s with Black spokes and polished lips, an 86GT TTop on 17" 94-95 Tri-Bars, and my 91GT on 17" 1996 Cobras. All 4 are lowered 1&1/2" to 2".

As I said, I am willing to offer any help I can; PM me or grab me when I am online and I will see what I can do. I am starting to resin cast again and one thing on my list are the 16" Ponies from the 1992GT Vert (original issue).

Edited by whale392

I would have stuck with the tan interior since it contrasts the blue better than the gray and black, but at least it now looks more presentable! Wheels look nice too. I would try and find some sort of spoiler to throw on the back, it looks too bare now. Perhaps one from a 60's or 70's Mustang?