Model Cars Magazine Forum

Make your ride in pixal art!

well, I was brousing the s10 forum and asked a guy how he did this, and sent me the link with the templates, pretty cool.

Here is the link: http://database.mangacars.fr/index.php?sessionid=lmd537q3m4erd9u2g0icha68t0

You can use ms paint, photshop or stuff like that, and it's pretty easy and there is alot of different ones.

Here is my truck I did, I know the brown is WAY off but it was my first time doing it. Plan on making one with future plans of my truck next.

Thegoodsononmafinal-2.png

I used Photoshop to make this pic of my old car. (using a shot of the back of my car & a Porsche GT3 pic.)

raceday1.jpg

not that that has anything to do w/ with this topic.

This was created by me:

burritogreybig.jpg

Which is closer to being on topic.

awsome job photoshoping that pic. it looks sweet! and i've seen the normal porsche pic in a mag before, lol.

You open the png or whatever it is in any graphic program, ms paint, gimp, photoshop etc, etc, Then you change the color pixel by pixel. In MS paint, you would use the pencil tool and then zoom into the pic till you can see the individual pixels. Using the pencil you would then recolor each pixel till you changed the color of the car. You can even vary the shade of the color you are using to create bodylines, highlights, shadows... that kind of stuff. I have been trying it for a while, but nobody has done a decent template of either a 77 Celica liftback or a MkII Supra. Plenty of AE86s and Mk III and IV supras :lol:

Edited by Ken

Here you can see the individual pixels. You can also see how I went in and started re-coloring the car. You have to figure out your color palate first. Usually, you need your base and two or three shades either way. a couple lighter and a couple darker. Then just use the pencil tool and go to town.

cressi.png

yea that is how yea do it, here is 1 idea for my truck, drew the plan in bio class today! :)

stock:

Thegoodsononmafinal-2.png

Customized:

tuned2.png

mods:

97 s10 front clip

new rims

lowered

blacked out trim

red bowtie on the front

red ss and sonoma badges

and sonoma in red painted on the side