Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC's 1970 Super Bee

Hairy Dude

Hi! Im Richard from Estonia. I have builded models for about 1,5 years but i still have only 1 finished and about 3 WIP's. I received this model today, ordered it from USA and it took 3 weeks to get here :)I will paint it green with flat black hood and "deck-stripe" and im going to make custom sidepipes. I will try to darken panel lines because i havent done it on any models and the green is too light so it would look weird :lol:.

Box art looks very nice !

09032010328.jpg

I already painted undercarriage and glued rear axle.

09032010330.jpg

It's power giver, the HEMI

09032010331.jpg

I totally forgot to make pictures about the body and wheels and stuff so i will make those and better pics of engine tomorrow !!!!

Bye !

Hi again! I finished the engine today and placed it on it's place. I also started making sidepipe's, one is done, other on is going to be done tonight ;) I started making interior.

10032010337.jpg

here's on of the sidepipes, it's not the best but those are my first.

10032010335.jpg

The HEMI on it's place. It needs a little paint on some places and wires nstuff :lol:

10032010338.jpg

Body painted black, undercoat for green :D

Actually, i didn't wait such a warm welcome :D ! I will recommend this model forum to all of my good friends who build models !

Richard,

Edited by Hairy Dude

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO ! I totally forgot to update this thread here, sorry for that :lol:

Painted the body, at first i wanted to put there a black deck stripe but it got broken ( Im just a beginner ;) ) and then i decided to place there a white deck stripe . ( The C-stripes i will put on my next Drag Charger Daytona :D ) ...

30032010367.jpg

I hope you like it :lol:

Greetz from Estonia,

Richard.

Guest Sickfish

Hello Richard & welcome to the forum!! You're doing a wonderful job on your Superbee!! Looks like you like your Mopars? I'm building a couple of Superbees myself, 1 with a Hemi & 1 with the 440-6 pack. I'm doing them factory stock & with as much detail as I can, check them out if you like mate?

Cheers, Cliffo :-)

looks good in the green

if i might make a suggestion..get yourself a nice sharp razor and cut a small oh ever so small section out of the deck stripe right where the panel lines for the trunklid are

it will give you so much more depth :lol:

also, if you ar in the market for some more superbees make sure you get one ro two or twenty of the AMT 1970 pro street superbees

they come with the DOHC hemi

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

TIME FOR REBUILD!!! Will have a 380 sixpack engine with supercharger, probably will have BBS LM's under it and black paint, no chrome, interior will have details and i'll probably cut the trunk open :lol:

I have already finished the grille, i cut the original lights out because they we're molded in, put some styrene behind the holes and painted it all matte black, then added some light glasses too!

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

Greeting from Estonia!

Richard,

Rich,

Welcome aboard....Nice build so far. Gotta love the box art on those old MPC kits B)

I just visited Latvia back in August for a couple of weeks, that is a very beautiful part of the world you guys live in over there.

Oh yeah, by the way, you guys have some awesome castles.. ;)

Cheers, Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ian!

Yes, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all beautiful places to live. About the model, i cant wait my Challenger to arrive so i took 440 engine from my parts bin and installed it there. I also found wheels under the Bee, they're Hasegawa's Ferrari 328GTB wheels, center's painted black.

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

Cya, Richard.