Model Cars Magazine Forum

USA-1 Monster Truck Done!

BigBeze

I decided to change the grill of the truck to a 2004 Escalade grill with the original headlights. Instead of the original paint I gave it my first attempt of a two tone saphire blue and mettalic silver. I almost want to give up on modeling if the paint jobs dont get better. ButIm going to keep on trucking in hopes of better paint jobs sooner or later.all127.jpg

all128.jpg

all129.jpg

all130.jpg

all131.jpg

all132.jpg

all133.jpg

all134.jpg

I agree with modelhut. The comfort zone is all warm and fuzzy, but not a place I stray from much myself.

It's a great model and you should be proud. My paint is always flawed, and many here are as well. We acknowledge the flaw, then move on. By beginning the next project with the proviso that the previuos flaw will NOT be repeated [one hopes], and a new level is achieved. Albeit slowly at times.

I see many great things about this truck, including the nicely painted bed. Not all paint jobs were meant for the cover of MCM I suppose. NONE of mine would make that illustrious tome.

Every time I finish, or begin a build. I take time to consider what it is/was I wish/ed to achieve, then promptly miss it altogether most of the time.

The idea is that there is a "next time".

Keep the glue flowing.

Bob

Great job on that truck! I have a few of these done, and one or two still waiting on me to finish them. I just wish that I could co forward with a build after the paint is done, I usually try to strip it off and try again, then the model gets put away.

Edited by Clay

The paint is flawless . Don't give up . The contest winning finishes are in your future . Your color breaks (for the two toning) are clean . The coverage is complete . Check on painting tips for the award winning finishes you seek . Your model is original and excellent finished project . Keep on modeling . We appreciate you here . Thanx.. ;)