Model Cars Magazine Forum

First build 69 Nova

Rat Fink

Ok first in like 20 years but who's counting? At least now I can afford the cool toys to build em with....

I think this one came out great, no fit issues, and no major set backs while building. The only problem was the outside rear view mirror. The base was so fragile it snapped when I was trying to trim the excess sprue, great kit from Revell.

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

Those aren't scratches they are relections. The candy went down pretty good and the depth in person is amazing!

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

I didn't do a whole lot to the interior except bmf the trim on the back of the front seats. The original interiors didn't have a whole lot of detail to begin with..

IMG_0674.jpg

The paint just wouldn't stick to the rear bumper trim, I didi it 4 times so this is the best result I could get...any tips?

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

looks great

never skipped a beat i bet

i really like the paint and the engine detail

as for the mirrors, that seems to be an overal complaint

why, just the other day i snapped a mirror at the stem while i was working on my grand prix

and that silly thing didnt even come with side view mirrors, i had to ad em from the parts box

:P

I concur with the others here, a very clean sharp build!

Did you lay down gold or silver for the base coat?

Very smooth paint job Dude!

The rear panel, I use Plaid or Apple Barrel craft paints, in layers, slightly watered, they are easy to use for detailing. Just a tip and cheap too! ;)

Thank You for sharing!

Later

Russ

<_<

B)

I concur with the others here, a very clean sharp build!

Did you lay down gold or silver for the base coat?

Very smooth paint job Dude!

The rear panel, I use Plaid or Apple Barrel craft paints, in layers, slightly watered, they are easy to use for detailing. Just a tip and cheap too! :D

Thank You for sharing!

Later

Russ

;)

Russ I used a silver base over white primer. I was almost tempted to leave it silver but I have a weakness for candy colors....especially red! I like purple too but it never looks good on a large scale only as a highlight or two tone. Thanks for the trim tip, I have a whole bunch of those apple barrel / plaid paints.