Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt Ultra Roof Cab - Coming Soon

Eric, in the pic where you're showing the KW studio cab W900, in the background are a couple of early '60s KW conversions that I can see. Will you be offering those up?

Hey Ray

Yep, I have been selling them on e-bay for a month or so, just have never listed them on the web site, I am getting 45.00 for the cab and hood. Should have some parts to go with them soon, the mold for the parts set for the thing gave out, gota make another one. The complete set was 60.00 had the front bumper, floorpan, firewall, breather, seats and a few other small parts the CMS ( cant member shat ) is kickin' in :lol:

388 and 389 would use the same cab (as cast). 367 would too (if spec'd with dual external air cleaners).

386, 382, 330, 348 and 384 would need to have the air cleaner mounts removed and the holes in the cab side panel

filled in as these models use under-hood air cleaners. Except 365 which uses a through-the-side-of-the-cab

scoop.

388 (air cleaners are covered by protectors to keep from getting scratched)

SonnyPruittbuysa388.jpg

389 (no visor installed)

Peterbilt_Denton_09018.jpg

greenwhiteLeonDegagneD789719.jpg

367 SBFA Heavy Haul

PeekHH367HHD789908.jpg

367 SBFA

367SBFA48tridriveleft.jpg

And the same cab can be used on 378, 357 and 379 2005-2007.

4940223-R1-020-8A.jpg

Tim

Hey Dave - I think the cab will work with the 388 hoods and be correct, the 389 hoods will fit it I think but I belive they had internal breathers. I guess the breather mount detail could be removed from this cab and then you would be good to go. :lol:

Looks good! I bet I know someone else (a certain Peterbilt modeler here :lol: ) who will want some! Porky, have you ever considered a Freightliner Classic XL Condo cab to go with the hood you have on your site? I drove two of them during my driving career and the only scale one I ever found was this 1:32 scale toy:

HPIM1580.jpg

hey, i found this on the bay, large price, but nice truck! its a cornado tho, but could be made into a classic?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-24th-Scale-Resin-Freightliner-Coronado_W0QQitemZ170465879726QQcategoryZ2584QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D20%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8934679559626249256

Edited by 69_charger

Thanks, Brett, I seen that too, but way out of my price range! Anyway, Porky has already helped me out! The Coronado, by the way, would not be able to be modified into a Classic XL, they are two totally different cabs. The Classic XL is based on the FLD cab, where the Coronado is based on the Century Class cab. I have driven the FLD 120, Classic XL, and Century Class (unfortunately only sat in a Coronado) and the FLD/Classic cabs are way different inside and out compared to the Coronado/Century Class cabs.