Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt Ultra Roof Cab - Coming Soon

Hey Guys, Just got in a new master part crafted by Ryan Mlynek, An updated Peterbilt 1/24 scale cab, it has been updated to the late model style with the ultra roof, larger door windows, larger safty glass in pass door, under window rivet detail, updated door latches and has interior detail in the headliner, back wall is set up for the walk through sleepers. Let me know what you think, should be ready for sales in a week or so. Can use any of the 1/24 scale Italeri pete hoods with it or any other hood that was made to fit the Italeri cabs. :lol:

PeteTallRoofCab007.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab008.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab004.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab006.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab002.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab005.jpg

Edited by Porky

Hey Guys, Just got in a new master part, An updated Pete 1/24 scale cab, it has been updated to the late model style with the ultra roof, has interior detail in the headliner, back wall is set up for the walk through sleepers. Let me know what you think, should be ready for sales in a week or so. Can use any of the 1/24 scale Italeri pete hoods with it or any other hood that was made to fit the Italeri cabs.

PeteTallRoofCab007.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab008.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab004.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab006.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab002.jpg

PeteTallRoofCab005.jpg

WOW GREAT WORK I WILL GET THAT ONE FOR SURE

Looks good! I bet I know someone else (a certain Peterbilt modeler here :( ) who will want some! Porky, have you ever considered a Freightliner Classic XL Condo cab to go with the hood you have on your site? I drove two of them during my driving career and the only scale one I ever found was this 1:32 scale toy:

HPIM1580.jpg

That looks nice, Eric. Too bad I'm not a Peterbilt guy, but I know someone who is!

Hey Jim,,,your the KW guy, I know,,,well I have something coming that might interest you too my friend. I have just worked out a deal with Bill Drennen to cast his 1/25th scale W900L straight windshield conversion kit. Its a complete conversion with the updated cab, 900L hood and all the goodies to go with it. Will be a few weeks or so maybe a month as he just put the masters in the mail today. Will also be doing his 1/25th scale Pete 379 ext complete conversion, cab, hood and all the goodies for it, his 1/25th scale Pete 358 hood conversion and last but not least the 1/24th scale Pete 379 hood conversion that he offered, So I am thinking I am gona be pretty bussy for awhile makin' molds :);)

Edited by Porky

Looks good! I bet I know someone else (a certain Peterbilt modeler here :lol: ) who will want some! Porky, have you ever considered a Freightliner Classic XL Condo cab to go with the hood you have on your site? I drove two of them during my driving career and the only scale one I ever found was this 1:32 scale toy:

HPIM1580.jpg

Hey Hey, I might have something for you too, I have a master for a Fl Condo, it needs some work so I am not sure about casting it but I do have a midroof FL with a classic hood listed on e-bay and I think I may have one more of those cabs, it has opening doors and all, I also have one of the condo roofs left but you would have to cut the roof off the midroof and fit the condo top to it,,,the condo top needs a bit of work but is useable, the cabs are the last out of the mold before it gave out so they will need work too, let me know if you are interested and I can send you some pics. :lol:

Hey Hey, I might have something for you too, I have a master for a Fl Condo, it needs some work so I am not sure about casting it but I do have a midroof FL with a classic hood listed on e-bay and I think I may have one more of those cabs, it has opening doors and all, I also have one of the condo roofs left but you would have to cut the roof off the midroof and fit the condo top to it,,,the condo top needs a bit of work but is useable, the cabs are the last out of the mold before it gave out so they will need work too, let me know if you are interested and I can send you some pics. :lol:

I'm very interested, and would like to see it! You can PM the pics when you get a chance, no hurry.

Edited by highway

Hey Jim,,,your the KW guy, I know,,,well I have something coming that might interest you too my friend. I have just worked out a deal with Bill Drennen to cast his 1/25th scale W900L straight windshield conversion kit. Its a complete conversion with the updated cab, 900L hood and all the goodies to go with it. Will be a few weeks or so maybe a month as he just put the masters in the mail today. Will also be doing his 1/25th scale Pete 379 ext complete conversion, cab, hood and all the goodies for it, his 1/25th scale Pete 358 hood conversion and last but not least the 1/24th scale Pete 379 hood conversion that he offered, So I am thinking I am gona be pretty bussy for awhile makin' molds :lol::blink:

Dude! You're killing me! I'm going to have to get about (6) more of the Revell of Germany W900s.

How are those torsion bars suspensions coming?

Edited by Jim B

I'm looking for some of the newer battery boxes for the W900 to put on my T600! Someone had them, I know that AITM has the older versions for the W900A.

Dave used the battery boxes from the Revell USA/Monogram Kenworth W900 for those. I think they're late 1970s early 1980s. I don't know if Gary Wallace has newer ones or not. He has a lot of KW stuff.

I'm looking for some of the newer battery boxes for the W900 to put on my T600! Someone had them, I know that AITM has the older versions for the W900A.

Hey Frank

Are these the boxes you are looking for ???

50sKW031.jpg

50sKW033.jpg

Dude! You're killing me! I'm going to have to get about (6) more of the Revell of Germany W900s.

How are those torsion bars suspensions coming?

Hey Jim

Just go ahead and order you at least a case of those donor kits B):blink:;)

Was waiting on a single axle torsion bar set up to arrive so I could do one mold with both the tandem parts you sent and the single axle set up. The other parts arrived today so i will try to get to clayin' up the parts in the morning. :blink:

Hey Porky,

Are you thinking we are milionairs?????????? LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need 4 or 5 monthly payments just for my (I_want_to_buy) parts you are casting...

Kostas.

Hello Kostas my friend - You just let me know what you need or want and I will take care of you, no problems on this end. ;)

I think the amount of aftermarket parts and the quality of them is exceptional!! Is that Peterbilt cab the right one for the 389 and 388? The detail is very impressive. Might have to get one.

Dave

Hey Dave - I think the cab will work with the 388 hoods and be correct, the 389 hoods will fit it I think but I belive they had internal breathers. I guess the breather mount detail could be removed from this cab and then you would be good to go. :lol:

the 388 and 389 cab are the same ( i think, its just the hood length differance, my Father used to own 3)

as for the other kits, do any come with windows????

thanks!

Hey Brett - The pete cab, you can use the windshield from the 378 donor kit, the side windows would have to be made from clear sheet stock, same the the windows in the studio sleeper you are wanting. They are all flat and no trouble to make from the clear stock, the windshield for the studio cab is the same as a T600 KW but it dose not come with one.