Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 hearse

dryvr12

So i just started this. Im asking for your opinion on color choice for the resin body. What I got on the ecto is valspar satin. Should I go gloss ? I didnt take my time on the paint, I just wanted a baseline.

2-8-10157.jpg

2-8-10153.jpg

2-8-10154.jpg

2-8-10156.jpg

2-8-10155.jpg

Edited by dryvr12

dryvr12,

That's a really nice resin body hearse, who makes it??? Thanks. BTW, it would look real sharp painted in a glossy

grey.

I really think gloss black would be better, but do agree with octane on the body! Please tell us where you found it. Does it use the Polar Lights Ecto1 frame and interior as donors?

I really think gloss black would be better, but do agree with octane on the body! Please tell us where you found it. Does it use the Polar Lights Ecto1 frame and interior as donors?

Its the 59 m&m by jimmy flintstone. http://www.jimmyflintstonestudios.com/onlinestore/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=208

I was told it sits on the polar lights kit. To my surprise, I just found out today that it says amt kit. Guess I gotta make it work..

Its the 59 m&m by jimmy flintstone. http://www.jimmyflintstonestudios.com/onlinestore/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=208

I was told it sits on the polar lights kit. To my surprise, I just found out today that it says amt kit. Guess I gotta make it work..

I think the Polar Lights is similar to the AMT kit, I don't know for sure, I never had the AMT. It looked like the other one you had was the Polar Lights, one way to find out, see if that fits it! I was going to convert one of the P.L. kits to a hearse, but I like that resin body much better!

I think the Polar Lights is similar to the AMT kit, I don't know for sure, I never had the AMT. It looked like the other one you had was the Polar Lights, one way to find out, see if that fits it! I was going to convert one of the P.L. kits to a hearse, but I like that resin body much better!

Ok, my mistake! The body seems to go on fine with a little bumps along the way which will go away as soon as I get everything trimmed and sanded. I say you should go for it. If you buy the resin body, you now have two bodies that sit on the same frame so you can do whatever you want to the other.

Ok, my mistake! The body seems to go on fine with a little bumps along the way which will go away as soon as I get everything trimmed and sanded. I say you should go for it. If you buy the resin body, you now have two bodies that sit on the same frame so you can do whatever you want to the other.

Cool, I just might have to get one of the resin ones. Then I could use the other body as an ambulance! Stab them then slab them!!!

I've seen several Cadillac hearses of that period in dark gray with a black top, which does make a striking combination. Autocolorlibrary.com lists it as London Gray, and it is quite dark. If you gloss-coated that color you used as a sample, I think you'd be in the ballpark.

One interesting hearse that still is seen locally once in awhile is a gorgeous 1964 Buick with a Flexible body in a really pretty dark maroon. Another possibility to consider.

Charlie Larkin

I've seen several Cadillac hearses of that period in dark gray with a black top, which does make a striking combination. Autocolorlibrary.com lists it as London Gray, and it is quite dark. If you gloss-coated that color you used as a sample, I think you'd be in the ballpark.

One interesting hearse that still is seen locally once in awhile is a gorgeous 1964 Buick with a Flexible body in a really pretty dark maroon. Another possibility to consider.

Charlie Larkin

I've also seen an electric blue, but I think that's too far out there.

What shade of red would you guys call this? I think its like a lipstick red.. (interior)

post-3187-1270823483263_thumb.jpg

That would probably be close. I think I used Tamiya Flat red on this interior:

HPIM1593.jpg

It looks close to your picture, even though you would need to use a satin or semi gloss clear over it. Or, it also looks close to the shade of red on my 1:1 scale truck:

HPIM1527.jpg

It is 1995? Ford Truck Cardinal Red, but again, you would need a satin or semi gloss clear. If you need the paint code on my truck for that red, let me know, I have a can of the DulpiColor touch up paint I can give you the code from.