Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Look what followed me home from the track last night.

We had our first race of the season yesterday so I didn't get to go to CMS for the AutoFair. But I really didn't mind because I wound up with this little gem that CrazyRay78 brought me.

mercspoiler016.jpg

After I got it unloaded I gave it a good cleaning and checked all the fluids so she'd be ready to cruise today.

mercspoiler001.jpg

It fits me like a tailored suit and is the first Cyclone in my yard since I got rid of my '66 thirty years ago. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for those "messengers of VROOM" and a place in my driveway.

merc5.jpg

I had to use flill flash to even out the exposure and balance the gleam coming off briar eatin' grin but it made for a pretty neat shot after all. Anybody up forl a cruise?

merc09a.jpg

sweet B) One question though, is that a real car, or the best model I've ever seen? I really honestly cant tell. :lol:

If its a model then it is truly the best one I have ever seen in my Life :blink::D

Yeah, I think he "Photoshop"ped himself into a diorama! ;) If Harry would have put one of the first pics in "Real or Model", he would have fooled us all!!

That's one of the Georgia Marketing and Promotions die cast Cyclones that a friend brought to me last night at my track's season opener that I do the victory lane interviews at. It was shot on my "photo set", not detailed enough to be considered a diarama but it works well enough for me to use for a photo background for my old stuff. I built three "Days of Thunder" RC cars for Tom back when they were shoooting the movie.

I got very politely "un-invited" to post on that "real or model" topic so I stay away from over there. Made to feel very umwelcome and I took the hint. It's a private show and they don't need any help from me.

I got very politely "un-invited" to post on that "real or model" topic so I stay away from over there. Made to feel very umwelcome and I took the hint. It's a private show and they don't need any help from me.

Don't worry that much about it, I'm sure you weren't the first and probably won't be the last! I almost made the same mistake myself!