Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Wrecker

hemithunder

I’m waiting for a set of wheels for another build so I decided to start another one… Too many on the bench as it is, but as you know it IS a sickness.

Lower part of the cab is from the ‘Lil Gasser. The top is a highly modified Chevy Luv bed cap. Fenders from a 32 ford, grill is an old Mercedes, The frame started life as a 1:32 scale Volvo semi, and the engine is a V12 Lambo out of a Contach sp? The boom is scratch built from household stuff, mostly.

Photo0480.jpgPhoto0500.jpgPhoto0503.jpgPhoto0507.jpgPhoto0510.jpg

Very interesting concept, one question, is that '53 Ford in the backround wearing a chevy bed? or are my eyes slipping.

Good eye, Nick, it surely is.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. I decided to change the tire and wheel set up today and hope to get some pics of that up later. B)

Good eye, Nick, it surely is.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys. I decided to change the tire and wheel set up today and hope to get some pics of that up later. :D

I have a Ford bed you can have if you want, I can stand to see intermingling of truck parts.

I have a Ford bed you can have if you want, I can stand to see intermingling of truck parts.

:lol::lol::lol: That's ok, Nick. I like mixing up parts, thats how they (we) did it in the old days. Check out my 40 coupe build in the underglass section and you'll see what I mean. I'm from the school of "build what ya got".:D As a kid my dad had a 53 f-100 with a 55 Chevy bed on it, so I'm going to give it to him when I get it done. Keep watching the bench in future pics of my other builds and you may end up seeing the entire build up of it a few pieces at a time. :P I work on it whenever I find a piece that it needs. :)