Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Ultraliner

While waiting for sticks to dry on my 352, I've picked this project back up. The cab is a resin casting I got from Spaulding years ago. I used an Italeri Mack Superliner frame (really a freightliner frame). To Mackify or de-Freightlierize the chassis, I ommited the suspension and installed a Plaskit Neway air ride suspesnsion. I also replaced a couple of the cross members with spare Mack cross members from an IH Paystar mixer kit. The two hole wheels are from Plaskit.

MackUltraliner001.jpg

Here are some earlier pictures of the frame before it was painted.

MackUltraliner3.jpg

MackUltraliner4.jpg

Edited by Paul B

MackUltraliner3.jpg

hey paul nice job on the frame, i was wondering what the neway air ride looked like now i know it looks good. cant wiat to see it finished. on another note, i see that peterbilt cabover in the back of that pic. can you tell me where i can find those at please,keep up the good work thanks ; dennis

Thanks guys. Dennis, the Pete 362 cab is also an older Giriffen Designs casting that is no longer available. I believe some efforts are being made to bring it back, though I don't know who.

well i hope it comes back out caus ei really want one, thinkin i wanna make a "bed bugger" . so waht would you take in trade for that one ?? lol if ya here anything please give me a shout. i just saw the load pics for your pete 352 AWSOME!! i really like the clearance lights on top, i havent seen green centers since i was younger in california, they also used to put one in the step. i sure am glad i got hooked up with these sights, its great to be biulding again and seeing all the other projects like your just inspires me. thanks ; dennis

well i hope it comes back out caus ei really want one, thinkin i wanna make a "bed bugger" . so waht would you take in trade for that one ?? lol if ya here anything please give me a shout. i just saw the load pics for your pete 352 AWSOME!! i really like the clearance lights on top, i havent seen green centers since i was younger in california, they also used to put one in the step. i sure am glad i got hooked up with these sights, its great to be biulding again and seeing all the other projects like your just inspires me. thanks ; dennis

Dennis, Here is a photo of the completed 362.

007.jpg

More pictures can be seen here

<http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/EngBernard/Models/?start=0>

Dennis, Here is a photo of the completed 362.

007.jpg

More pictures can be seen here

<http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/EngBernard/Models/?start=0>

oh come on you are killin me!! lol i want to pull it out of the screen, i dont know how to go to the other pics. is that truck a revell stock kit or is it resin on a revell frame? it sure is sweet lookin, that black and chrome look really good. now im just gonna have to go steel somebodies, where you live again?? lol thanks for reminding me how good it can look. ; dennis

oh come on you are killin me!! lol i want to pull it out of the screen, i dont know how to go to the other pics. is that truck a revell stock kit or is it resin on a revell frame? it sure is sweet lookin, that black and chrome look really good. now im just gonna have to go steel somebodies, where you live again?? lol thanks for reminding me how good it can look. ; dennis

Dennis, one more try at the hyper link

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/EngBernard/Models/

The frame is an almost stock Revell Pete 359. Color is British Racing Green. Thanks for the interest.

Dennis, one more try at the hyper link

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e13/EngBernard/Models/

The frame is an almost stock Revell Pete 359. Color is British Racing Green. Thanks for the interest.

oh yeah, thats what im talkin bout!! looks great, not sure which one looks better, the covered wagon or the box van..... hmmmmm.... put a dolly in there and pull em both lol. thanks for the help, hope yall baer with me on my computor skills i will get better. yeah id like to have a few of those sittin on my shelf, i really hope they make a comback, along with the 352. i appreciate the look see ; dennis

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree, very nice job, and it has all the looks of an old fleet truck with the addition of the Budds. An old Penske or Ryder rental repainted, maybe? ;) I have one question, though. On these old Macks, did the intake for the air cleaner come in from the grille like the old White Freightliner did or should it have a stack intake in the back like the old Kenworths?

I have to agree, very nice job, and it has all the looks of an old fleet truck with the addition of the Budds. An old Penske or Ryder rental repainted, maybe? :D I have one question, though. On these old Macks, did the intake for the air cleaner come in from the grille like the old White Freightliner did or should it have a stack intake in the back like the old Kenworths?

Thanks Highway. Either option for the air cleaner was available.