Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone need a 300hp Motorcycle?

:)

Manufacturer - S+S Performance, Stanstead Abbots, Ware, UK.

Model - Silver Saxon

Year of Manufacture - 1979

Production run - 9

Production number - Prototype/development bike 1

1979 Rickman CR frame, 1975 Kawasaki Z1B based engine, unique Rajay 'race' turbocharger kit.

Built by the UK tuning company S+S Performance in 1976, this unique prototype/development bike was then stripped and housed in a 1979 fame, before selling it to the UK heavy metal rock band 'Saxon', just before S+S called in the receivers after going bankrupt.

This bike has been sympathetically restored over 18 months, and registered for the very first time in early 2008 on an age related plate (certificate to prove).

I have original paperwork from S+S Performance, and full authentication by Mike Cazalet and Russell Savory, ex-Directors of S+S.

This is a genuine production bike and is thought to be the only remaining example in the world.

Since its first showing to the public in 2008, it has won a raft of trophies and rosettes, been in multiple newspapers and magazines, and turns heads wherever it goes.

Output from the 1105cc engine is around 185bhp @ 9psi (standard road use), 225bhp @ 13psi (fast road use) and 300+ bhp @ 25psi (Avgas fuel).

It will be sold with both single and dual seat bodywork, so you will get long tank and cover + single seat, then for a pillion you'll also get the short tank and cover + dual seat.

Condition is A1, it has more history than you could shake a stick at, and it's more rare than a 1972 Kawasaki Z1 !

pix pending

Was intruiged when I saw S+S.....thought it was the originals from Viola WI......then I saw Rickman frame and I knew...

My 107cu S&S puts out 105 HP/115ftlbs at the rear wheel......not too bad for 2 cylinders and no turbo.

is this it?

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/silver-saxon-turbo.php

Edited by MikeMc

Was intruiged when I saw S+S.....thought it was the originals from Viola WI......then I saw Rickman frame and I knew...

My 107cu S&S puts out 105 HP/115ftlbs at the rear wheel......not too bad for 2 cylinders and no turbo.

is this it?

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/silver-saxon-turbo.php

Don't know if it is the exact same one but it looks like that, same colors.

And comes with the long tank and single seat.

Seriously I dont think for a second I'd sell it here, but it was an unusual piece. More of a talking point.

Like the original 68 500 KR Shelby, the Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari 275 GTB concourse Platinum winner, Ducati 900 and other oddities I have come across.

If it exotic rare and expensive, particularly Italian I have had one have one know where to get one or will find one - another one of my hobbies.

Edited by CAL