Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outside source for diesel engines?

Hi,I am an old "Newbie",been out of the models for awhile and getting back into it,I tried to do a search and found nothing,could be something I am doing wrong,so I apologize if this has been asked before......I am wanting to know if there is anybody doing later model Cummins,Cat,etc engines to upgrade older kits be it be resin,platic ?....thanks for any help in advance!!!

Eric,THANKS!!!!!!,man not only did ya answer exactly what I am looking for,but MORE!!!!,between the two links,I will be like a kid in a candy store!!!!!!......my poor wallet!! lol

Want another??? If you're into older vehicles, check this one out--> http://www.aitruckmodels.com/ They don't stock engines, but most of their subject matters... Whew! Between the three we've covered here, I ended up drooling on myself again... I've been doing that a lot... :D

Hi,I am an old "Newbie",been out of the models for awhile and getting back into it,I tried to do a search and found nothing,could be something I am doing wrong,so I apologize if this has been asked before......I am wanting to know if there is anybody doing later model Cummins,Cat,etc engines to upgrade older kits be it be resin,platic ?....thanks for any help in advance!!!

Welcome back to the modelling world. I beleive you are at the right place to find answers to your modelling questions.

I also offer resin cast truck parts to better detail model trucks. I do offer a resin copy of the Detroit series 60 diesel engine.

It is a resin copy of the Italeri engine in 1/24 scale. I do use it in 1/25 scale with no problem.

Here is the resin cast engine kit.

DSC04116.jpg

This is the engine in the 1/25 Kenworth T800 I have built.

IMG]http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/danielgailloux/T800_Metalic_green/DSC02956.jpg

This is the completed truck

IMG]http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq13/danielgailloux/T800_Metalic_green/DSC02964.jpg

If you would like to see all my resin parts look in my photobucket account files that start with Plaskit.

Also uploaded are photos of real truck, shows I attended, a few truck brochures and odel I have built.

Here is the link to the Photobucket account:

My link

You can contact me off board at : My link

Hope this helps. Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Your Welcome, Mike

This is another item I just came out with, I thought with the Pete 378 back out from Italeri this would be a nice touch for it, a valve cover with the Detriot Series 60 script on it, It would also work with the resin Series 60 engine that Daniel listed here. ;)

NewResin4-21-2010061.jpg

Another option for the Italeri 378 kit, an updated Ultra High Roof cab, has the larger side windows with the rivet detail under them, larger safty glass in pass door & updated door handles and the back of the cab is set up for a walk through sleeper, working on a 70 inch unibilt to go with it now as well as a daycab panel.

NewResin4-21-2010006.jpg

NewResin4-21-2010008.jpg

NewResin4-21-2010010.jpg

cab with 379 Ext. hood & custom louvered grill

NewResin4-21-2010003.jpg

with 357 / 378 Set Back Front Alxe Hood

NewResin4-21-2010019.jpg

Edited by Porky