Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am going to finally FINISH something!

Foxer

My Sig claims “perennial non-finisher†and I have been living up to it to the MAX! My last completed build was around 1993 and since getting back into “building†in 2008 coinciding with my retirement, I’ve completed exactly zero builds. J Yes.. I AM smiling … I love the building part of modeling more than finishing. If I finish one, I can’t work on it anymore! L I’ve come to the conclusion that the initial research and slice-and-dicing of the body is what makes me happiest down in the dungeon workshop so I have no qualms about just starting something new and the others can just wait. This is enjoyment of the hobby in it’s purest form!

To give an idea of what I’m up against I made a list of what’s currently in the body shop:

’59 Chevy Impala – last work in 1992 … just needs BMF!

’51 Chevy Bel Air – moving towards a custom but last worked in early 90’s

’51 Chevy Fleetline – still considering to chop or not

’39 Chevy Sedan Delivery – was to be a survey truck for my company but stalled on need for white decals.

’95 Subaru Legacy Wagon – just needs a scratch built grill and waiting for my 4th try at it

’49 Mercury (AMT!) - EVERYONE has a custom Merc in the works, so I don’t feel bad about this one!

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe – This should be my next completion it’s VERY close to done … gonna schedule a 2015 completion date to get me moving!

’35 Chevy Modified – bodywork is done and all needed parts on hand … so WHY isn’t this done??

’92 Crown Victoria – converted from a ’97 to the car my Dad had. Had a paint problem for a roadblock

’92 Porsche 944 S2 – conversion to one I owned but seems to have stalled when I sold the 1:1 for an Infinity G!

’67 Triumph TR4A – not much done, maybe because this 1/32 kit is only one around to model the 1:1 I had.

’56 VW Kombi – converted from a Hawswega ’63 and I blame my stall on VW Dave for pointing out the fine points of a ’56 that I need to change!

’57 Chevy (Revell Hot Rod) – oldie with all doors opened so figured I should junk and rust it up

’51 Plymouth L-head 6 Engine – I know, it’s JUST an engine!

’51 Plymouth - a cunversion from a '50 Plymouth resin body

’32 Fordchopped, channeled, sectioned and fendered hot rod

Porsche GT-1 EVO -

’61 Valiant - junker restoration

’62 rail dragster – was intended for the Lion’s Drag Strip build.. last year.. ehhe

’56 Ford - junker restoration

’55 Renault 4 CV beach buggy

Peterbuilt 359 – I’ve never build (worked on) a truck before, so this seemed like something different. Body has been channeled and frame in process of being Z’ed. That’s ALL I’m saying.

Well, after looking at this list, I’ve decided the best course of action would be to start work on the great Tamaiya Beetle kit to make the ’69 Bug I had.. LoL

Edited by Foxer

Hahaha...I love you guys......I have exactly 1 ( yea...one! ) car on my bench, a 29 ford pickup I'm working on right now between all my 1:1 cars..:

'99 Grand Cherokee getting a motor transplant

'79 Chev 1/2t snb lowrider has timing issues

'90 Coupe Deville has charging issues

'76 VW trike needs wider fenders

But my Mazda truck is running great... :lol:

But, I swear I'm gonna finish that 29....really...promise...no kidding... :lol:

Hahaha...I love you guys......I have exactly 1 ( yea...one! ) car on my bench, a 29 ford pickup I'm working on right now between all my 1:1 cars..:

'99 Grand Cherokee getting a motor transplant

'79 Chev 1/2t snb lowrider has timing issues

'90 Coupe Deville has charging issues

'76 VW trike needs wider fenders

But my Mazda truck is running great... B)

But, I swear I'm gonna finish that 29....really...promise...no kidding... :P

ok .. the 1:1 bench counts too ... holy cow ,,, I feel better now!

(just noticed this is in the Under Glass section .. I lost my head! Any moderator can feel free to move this to ON THE WORKBENCH! :D )

Edited by Foxer