Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73-87 GM pickup long bed?

34 minutes ago, ABC Auto Industry said:

I saw that one. However, the description said it was intended for the MPC '84 GMC. I have the Revell GMC plow truck, and I just wanna make sure that the two trucks aren't too far apart in actual dimensions.

The MAD bed won't work on the Revell plow truck, they're different scales and the bed is too small.

39 minutes ago, ABC Auto Industry said:

Welp, guess I'll have to cut up the bed from the second truck I have. That's gonna be fun...right?

Yep, extending Chevy beds is fun because you have to add to both ends. Fortunately the Revell bed is multiple pieces so it shouldn't be too bad. The MPC bed is one piece so when I made the master for the MAD bed cleaning up the inside was a pain.

3 hours ago, ABC Auto Industry said:

I saw that one. However, the description said it was intended for the MPC '84 GMC. I have the Revell GMC plow truck, and I just wanna make sure that the two trucks aren't too far apart in actual dimensions.

I have one on order I can let you know when I get it. Maybe a week or two.

On 12/30/2022 at 6:09 PM, ABC Auto Industry said:

I believe the Revell kit is 1/24 scale. I would not suggest using our bed on that kit.