Model Cars Magazine Forum

Risking another locked thread.........here goes. Nick, the paint work on this one looks a lot better than most of your previous builds. You took a little more time and it shows. As to the sleeper roof; well that took a bit more think. As the Aerodyne sleeper actually overhangs the cab roof at its' point, making it back into a standard sleeper would be a little tough. Knowing you are a schoolkid and don't have the $65.00 for the Revell W900 standard roof kit, I might suggest picking up a Revell Pete 359 snapper or two. You could use the back of the cab and the sleeper rooves to make an accurate sleeper roof for the Kenworth. But even that would set you back $50.00 for the two kits needed. I can see the Balsa idea working, as long as when you file it to shape, you seal the wood with some polycoat to keep the paint out of the woodgrain and the woodgrain out of your paint.

You did good for what you had to work with. Very nice representation of a KW W900.

Edited by whale392

I actually onlt didn't add the shape because I wasn't sure of how to do it, Fiberglass would crack overtime, Bondo would shrink, and that was all I came up with.

But Balsa might just work............................................................................ ;)

Milli-putt. GREAT stuff...

That's true, but what about the rest of the butt lickers tellin' you what a marvelous job you did, yeh right, they better come down to earth instead of livin' in fairy land.

regards radish

You know, I've said this before, I would like to see both radish's and mardtrp's builds when they were 14 YEARS OLD!!!!! I think Nick did a wonderful job building this for his age and abilities!! ;) Yes, it may not be 100% correct to the prototype, but he is happy how it turned out. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!!

I have noticed on the truck section the members are alot more friendlier than on some of the other sections......man here is a kid(sorry Nick but being 47 and a dad,I see anybody under 21 a kid,no disrespect)who is in the hobby,not video games etc.,and I see members trying to give him pointers on how to's,which is fine and dandy,but then the harsh criticism comes out and them they can't understand why Nick gets defensive with them....HE'S 14 !!!!!,most of us were the same way at that age......~AND~ yes I remember my first truck I built at 14,its was the GMC Astro.....It was beautiful!!!!,perfect,well okay it had a few flaws...one exhaust stack was pointing north and the other north east...ummmm the cab leaned to the right and ohh yeah one of the tanks was crooked and the saphire blue paint was about 20 different shades on the cab and .....yeah by now you get my point,it was a disaster,but at the time I thought it was my best build and I would of been hurt if I was told it wasn't any good.

Nick,if my first rig turned out that nice,I would of thought I built a show winner!!...C'mom fellow members,before we start going off on him and his builds,go back and remember when you was a young teen.....Hmmmmm I know I am old,but if my memory serves me right,being a young teen wasn't very easy.......Nice truck Nick,Nice Truck......"Badluck 13 gonna back on outta here,catch ya on the flip flop,over n out,we gone bye bye"

I think Harry needs to up the Spam filter or cancel peoples Dual accounts.

These (edit) (radish's and mardtrp) aren't even modelbuilders or just too Chicken to post comments by

their own accounts.

Didn't your mom ever tell ya If you don't have anything nice to say

don't say anything at all?

O wait. you don't know your mom..

Edited by mackinac359

That's what some of us are saying; when Nick takes a little more time to build, his builds turn out quite good. For a 14 year old (who COULD be playing video games) he has talent. Some of us here can see that and want to help him with that. At 14 I was always outside playing; but when I was building my dad would show me things (even though he quit building in the late 60s). He would calm me down, slow me up, and force me to concentrate on what I was doing. He did that for my artistic talent too. His encouragement was guidance. The end result was attention to detail. That is what we are trying to empart to Nick.........he has the ability, it is just a matter of focusing it and using it to his advantage.

Risking another locked thread.........here goes. Nick, the paint work on this one looks a lot better than most of your previous builds. You took a little more time and it shows. As to the sleeper roof; well that took a bit more think. As the Aerodyne sleeper actually overhangs the cab roof at its' point, making it back into a standard sleeper would be a little tough. Knowing you are a schoolkid and don't have the $65.00 for the Revell W900 standard roof kit, I might suggest picking up a Revell Pete 359 snapper or two. You could use the back of the cab and the sleeper rooves to make an accurate sleeper roof for the Kenworth. But even that would set you back $50.00 for the two kits needed. I can see the Balsa idea working, as long as when you file it to shape, you seal the wood with some polycoat to keep the paint out of the woodgrain and the woodgrain out of your paint.

You did good for what you had to work with. Very nice representation of a KW W900.

They reissued the Pete 359 Conventional? Had no Idea, other wise I would have done a swap, $50 for it, I only paid $19.95 for this kit, I just checked and the same place has the pete snapper for $17.95.

As for everyone else, I do my best with what I have and can afford.

Whoa there turkey, just dropped in to see what's goin' on and this lot appears.

Looks like an honest straight forward question was asked by another member, then you lot then take to him with a big stick, well, here's a bigger stick.

Now this 'denice' the menace comes up with a real doozy," a flat top sleeper ", OK turkey, go prove that such an animal was ever made, piccy's please, or crawl back in your kennel.

Now the maker of this model, should at least do his homework, before shoving it all over the web, asking for criticism of his skills, or lack there-of.

Please have a look at this site and show me where this "supposed" flat top sleeper appears.

regards radish

my point was : all ive seen from mardtarp is critisizm , and smart a$$ remarks. why??? i dont think theres anyroom for that here. and for your information radish, alot of sleepers way back were aftermarket bought and put on. alot of them were flat top and "suicide boxes". and whats wrong with giving a thumbs up on that biuld, i didnt know he was 14 but now that i do i am even more impressed. im with badluck13, my first biulds were a train wreck but i was still so happy to biuld them. i still have not successfully painted stripes on a biuld, maybe nick can give me some pointers. hey nick keep up the good work, you are way beyond where i was at your age. and radish my name is DENNIS and yes i can be a minace according to my folks, lol.

dennis