Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Western Star

Well I picked this up for a song at Hobby lobby. I was thinking about building the wrecker but decided to make a strait truck out of it. I am not sure what I will do with the wrecker body at the moment. It is very very nice so I might build it as a cargo for my flat bed but the scales are off. If any one wants to trade for it I may be willing.

On to the pics.

This is what I bought.

IMAGEFIREWRECKER1.jpg

This where I am at. Engine still needs plumbed and more detail needed in the cab.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Some teaser pics.

I still have a ways to go. The cab just will not sit on the frame rite. It seems to have a twist in it. I am not sure if I going to use the AMT fenders or a set of aluminum half wraps I have.

The paint came out good though.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

The cab just will not sit on the frame rite. It seems to have a twist in it.

It may not be the frame, Ryan, it may be the cab itself. I found with my Italeri Ford LTL 9000 I'm putting the custom sleeper on, the cab pins that mount the cab to the frame are too short. That tilts the whole cab forward to the point where the hood and sleeper do not line up right with the cab.