Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Customs "Unbuilt Rides"

justin2020

Here are a hand full of my custom jobs that I have started and ended back up in the box. So I thought maybe I could post them and get some help from all of you on were to go next. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas for these builds.

Justin

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0Eat3LdwxYsXgw&emid=shareprintviewer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharview

It is a Monte front and rear clip with a 55 Nomad sides and windshield frame. I did not add the roof to it. The sound system is from the Fast and Furious kit. Thank you for the comment. It has been my longest stalled project (3 years) I call it a Lomad.

Justin

Good stuff! Rare to see agressive custom work on late model subjects...

Only one thing...

Look at the different shapes you're using, like the rectangular grille and the curve of the fenders on the Ford peekop... the grille on the real build would be done from metal stock machined to shape, so the squared corners wouldn't be used and there wouldn't be such a shape conflict.

I could also see wider lights at the rear or a smaller center stoplight. Check out the current restyle-oriented magazines for ideas.

Stuff looks really good for a start though!

Good stuff! Rare to see agressive custom work on late model subjects...

Only one thing...

Look at the different shapes you're using, like the rectangular grille and the curve of the fenders on the Ford peekop... the grille on the real build would be done from metal stock machined to shape, so the squared corners wouldn't be used and there wouldn't be such a shape conflict.

I could also see wider lights at the rear or a smaller center stoplight. Check out the current restyle-oriented magazines for ideas.

Stuff looks really good for a start though!

Thank you for the ideas.I will check out some of those magazines for some help.

I still have a lot of work on the Ford to even come close to what is see in my head. On the Lomad I am going to added in some turn signals some how.

Thank you for the help.

nice work brother B)

Thank you and I will stop by to see the club and how it is doing toady.