Model Cars Magazine Forum

572BB Stuffed In!

mannyclub

hello everyone!

This is the GMC Syclone kit (im using the grill and bumper from the 93 S-10) And had to put a 572BB in it! lol Well it fits barely. Just building this one to get away from the bigger projects so this should be done in a month or two. Rims and tires from the 56 Nomad, rotors from a Tamiya kit. Paint is Met. Red and Sliver.

Manny

Thanks for looking!

gmca-vi.jpg

gmcengine-vi.jpg

gmcbrakes-vi.jpg

gmcpaint-vi.jpg

I have a 1:1 86 s10 with a small block in it and wow its a pita to work on thing's i have seen a few bbc in them. i just dont know how the guys do it.. i would go crazy. you would understand if you ever had to change the headdr gaskets.. but hey the truck looks good keep up the good work

Hey Derek, did ya have to use tha speed wrench, a 5 lb. hammer to enlarge tha bell-housing tunnel so yur sb would fit? Guy across tha street is putting, I think it's a 350 in his. He was out there for hours bang, banging to make room for his tranny's bell-housing.

Oh and yeah....how did ya get tha headers to fit in there with tha steering shaft?

His is that 2 dr station-wagon body.

I did't have to do that much hittin to get it to fit. but if i want to take the th350 out i have to pull the motor/trans at the same time. cant get to the top bellhousing bolts. but i dnd't want to have a big mess with the hammer. as for the headers i have sanderson's for the sbc s10 swap. i know that hedmen and some others make them. if i were to do it allover i would make my own :shock: ill try and get some pics up for yea guys. i had a set of race ported sportsmen heads and a 144 weiand blower on it but someone offerd me mor money then i had in to the parts. so now i am going with vortech heads and 125hp shot of nitrous, while i build a short block that can take 15-20 pis from a t-70 turbo :roll:

dont know why my bed cover is off but o well here is some pics 2221861_5.jpg

340158_48_full.jpg

the truck also has a 4 link that me and my dad built. also with 12 way qa1 coilover shocks. the thing hook's lol thats why i need more power, the paint is a caddy pearl like on the newer cars. i am thinking about doing a 2 tone with pearl orange on the bottom. i dont know how much time i will have this winter tho... i am going to school right now for custom painting.. some day you will see me on overhauling with chip... lol i wish

• 2 weeks later...