Model Cars Magazine Forum

Welcome to truck modeling! Engine color is a "hot topic" of debate within the community. So, here goes. Out of the box, this Kenworth W900 is about a 1972-82 (give or take a little). If your truck will be a 1972 to about 1978 truck, the engine should be white. After that, it should be New Caterpiller Yellow.

to cool it boggels the brain ya did armour for a long time but felt the urge to go back to the big rigs in the 70,s did all the AMT and ERTEL kits i could find then went toplay for U.S. Army for 10 yrs. drove a big AM General tractor hauling D10

That AM General tractor is available as a 1/35 resin kit. Costs about 100.00 though. It's a really incredibly detailed kit! I have the tri axle flatbed that goes with it.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you i have been out of the truck modleing for a while 1979 til present a lot of things have changed glad i found this site and if you can give me any help in plumbing it

Almost thought you were my dad there for a second. Lol. He has been out of the loop about that long. Do you have your old kits? My dad had about 250 of them in every style but lost most of them in a storm a few years back. He has about 50-75 left in boxes. Still trying to get him to start putting them back together. Been in storage since 86 when my sister was born. I am ND Army NG deployed in Kosovo at the moment. 21T.