Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 cuda TDS

brett

newer tool revell body on top sportsman chassis with resin funnycar engine mated to the top sportsman lenco

70cuda2.jpg

70cuda21.jpg

tried making carbon fibre stickers I guess out of tamiya tape and paint ,they're a bit thick and the patterns a bit faint in places but for something that'll hardly be seen it may be alright.(Try and get better pic tomorrow)

decided I could do better so pulled the homemade fibre off. Made the rear wing and painted the front of the frame. While waiting for that to dry mocked it up on another "built" chassis to check the ride hight. Heres how it sits

70cudatds2.jpg

70cudatds.jpg

Thanks guys, well despite the three or four or more hours put into this you probably wont even see it icon_sad.gif . I'd cut nearly all the way through the sides of the car then straightened them to remove some of the curve under the body, otherwise they cut right into the slick . Its actually widened the body by about 4 or 5 mm each side at the bottom. Started on the blower shroud /cowl and put the fins on the wing. Primed and touched up the filler then sanded just before these pics, which dont show much.

70cudatds4.jpg

70cudatds5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man, most of this one is from a guy in the petrolheads club, I have cast my own but cant do a pour till I get some new resin (hopefully in a couple of weeks). Then I'll only have to get hats off him. And no I didnt copy his stuff I modified some kit stuff from a funnycar.hes way to nice a guy to rip off and he taught me most of what I know about casting.