Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!! I really like the light bar, you hit that almost dead on. I say almost because the ones I used on the real ones usually had two taillights per side, one for brake and one for turn signals. I think this is the first wrecker build I've seen with the light bar, nice touch! By the way, you can pass the scrap yard and tow that old bulldog to my house! B)

Nice!! I really like the light bar, you hit that almost dead on. I say almost because the ones I used on the real ones usually had two taillights per side, one for brake and one for turn signals. I think this is the first wrecker build I've seen with the light bar, nice touch! By the way, you can pass the scrap yard and tow that old bulldog to my house! :lol:

thanks matt.realism is the name of the game correct(or as close to it as we can) :lol: .i was going to put this thing on my drop center flat bed but i got the dog especially for the tow truck.i thought of another idea for the flat bed if i can find some reference photos. by the way ill have it there next week if you pay fuel bill lol :lol::lol:

thanks matt.realism is the name of the game correct(or as close to it as we can) :lol: .i was going to put this thing on my drop center flat bed but i got the dog especially for the tow truck.i thought of another idea for the flat bed if i can find some reference photos. by the way ill have it there next week if you pay fuel bill lol :lol::lol:

That's the way I feel...close is good enough! :lol: When I drove wrecker about ten years ago, I hated stretching that cord to the back, and then the owner bought a new light bar, a wireless remote. I loved that thing, no long cable to stretch , just plug it in the trailer light socket on the back of the wrecker bed then hang the bar on the back of the truck! The owner bought the wireless not shortly after I got a ticket for not having lights on a truck I was towing from Columbus, OH back to back to our shop in Wheeling, WV because on of my friends who worked there with me put the light bar back in the wrecker, but not the stinking cable!! I didn't know I didn't have it till I hooked the truck in Columbus!

Oh, by the way, wish I could afford the fuel, but I have enough fun paying for the fuel in my 1:1 Ford diesel!

i wasnt to awfull sure bout the purple at first but with the lightning on the tow bed it looks really good. thats a great job on the scratch biult bed!

dennis

thanks dennis(i missed your post :D )the lightning decals are from the kw model but i decided not to use them on it and im glad i didnt.by the way your package is on its way.

Edited by toplessfury