Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone up for a new CBP... edited street trucks in

mopar01lee

hello fellow builders , i have an idea for community build off,, there is no prize , this is for the love of building

i would like to here if anyone would like to join....

this is what i have in mind, the topic will be ,(compact drag truck...CBP) that will be the new post if anyone will join me in this. the basis of the build is all mini,compact trucks...... S10s, dodge D50s, rangers an so on. (NO FULL SIZE TRUCKS)..

if you would like to join,, let me kw as i am on just about every day...

to join your truck must be unbuilt an post a pic of your unbuilt kit with your plans for it. sry no started kit .. scratch building is a to your best ability if you cant scratch build thats ok to, kit bashin an so on...

if anyone is interested please feel free to start postin , ill keep a list or the partisipents an there projects..i will then in about 2 weeks start the new topic so keep an eye out for it.

why do i want to do this strange build off , well i see a lot of lowered , bagged an slammed mini trucks , witch are awsome dont get me wrong. but what would be better than a 9sec truck....

the build will go on for about 6 months or longer if need be .... you must enter the build with in 2 months to be fair to those who have entered... when i start the new topic i will then post my kit that i will be doin. and if youev seen my MPC 73 cuda build i will be scratchin this one to.

so if there is anyone interested in this ( and i hope there is then lets get it on ) let me know!!!

thanks guy an girls if your out there......Davin B...

Edited by mopar01lee

Cool build idea! But I think it is limiting ALOT of participation. Buy saying no street trucks, "stuff has to be scratchbuilt or kit bashed".

When I get my 1:1 truck to were I want it someday, it will kick alot of stuff on the strip, but will still be street legal. Also, think about this, what about the 1991 GMC Syclone?? Can do STOCK the quarter-mile run in 13.4 seconds, and some very minor mods and you can get into low 12's EASILY.

What I'm saying is that mini trucks done as all out 9-8 second drag trucks is rare, but there is many people that would do it if you could build it as a "drive to work mon-fri, on the weekends go racing".

ok fellas i did it this way for a reason because they are rare and you dont see them often... BUT the public has spoken.. so how bout this. when i said scratch build a must that can be one part. if you cant scratch build thats fine .. and as far as street trucks go i was refering to a box stock plain jaine build so a sweet modified street truck is fine as long as it has a drag truck feel to it.

i would realy like to see this happen so if this can change your mind to participate then cool bean ... and if there is any other concerns about this project let me kw ...I WANT TO BE FAIR AN LET AS MANY BUILDERS IN AS POSIBLE...

THANK YOU ...Davin

You had me until the "NO stock trucks" part! I have a couple compact trucks, but have no plans or desires to build them as drag trucks. SORRY!

hey if you want to do a mean street truck witha drag truck feel to it then your in, i want to let as many people in .it was a fist time CBP for me so i was seein what was posible... i will change the first post for ya..

thanks ...Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

I have a D50. Wonder if a Hemi and ladder bars will fit? :D

you thinkin like me .... i got an unopened D50 from evilbay for 6.00 shipped... an my plans are for big slicks a 440 or a HEMI. with a scratched built 4 link...... so you in...lol

Cool build idea! But I think it is limiting ALOT of participation. Buy saying no street trucks, "stuff has to be scratchbuilt or kit bashed".

When I get my 1:1 truck to were I want it someday, it will kick alot of stuff on the strip, but will still be street legal. Also, think about this, what about the 1991 GMC Syclone?? Can do STOCK the quarter-mile run in 13.4 seconds, and some very minor mods and you can get into low 12's EASILY.

What I'm saying is that mini trucks done as all out 9-8 second drag trucks is rare, but there is many people that would do it if you could build it as a "drive to work mon-fri, on the weekends go racing".

your right ... i had a 84 dodge full size it was the tow truck for the blue 70 duster in my post pic.. the duster was an 11.sec car the truck looked like a work truck but it had a 675 hp 440 in it but did have the drag truck feel to it... it would run 11.2s in the 1/4 smokin the tires down the track, an tow my duster home ... that kinda what i mean ..

thanks for you imput the thread has bean edited....Davin

hey if you want to do a mean street truck witha drag truck feel to it then your in, i want to let as many people in .it was a fist time CBP for me so i was seein what was posible... i will change the first post for ya..

thanks ...Davin

That might work, thanks. Since I'm watching "Trucks" on Spike TV as I type this, I might just do like they are with the "Project Rolling Thunder" Mazda and find a nice S10 or Ranger and stuff a smallbock V8 in it! :D:unsure: That would be something I could haul more than just my bass boat with!

I have a Datsun pickup that I just slapped together with pieces from three different trucks. It is not painted and I have started to take it apart and build it properly. Will this one be OK to use? Here is a pic of it. It is the Orange, Yellow and White one on the left.

2datsuns1.jpg

I've never partisapated in a CBP before and thought this would be my first. If it is not OK to use that's OK with me. Thank you. Dan

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

I have a Datsun pickup that I just slapped together with pieces from three different trucks. It is not painted and I have started to take it apart and build it properly. Will this one be OK to use? Here is a pic of it. It is the Orange, Yellow and White one on the left.

2datsuns1.jpg

I've never partisapated in a CBP before and thought this would be my first. If it is not OK to use that's OK with me. Thank you. Dan

yes as long as you do a tear down of it .. an start fresh ... then yes you can join thanks bud this is my first also ...

:D:unsure: