Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parachute lines

The only thing to think of is it has to be a substantial part of the frame and and a healthy looking bracket/attachment point. It that is a specific car you're asking about, sorry I can't help.

Edited by Foxer

I have watched many jr dragsters at my local track and i never seen one with a parachute tbh.

Over here in the Uk im sure they are not allowed to run over 80mph and only over the 1/8th miles. if they run 90mph they are sent home and not allowed to race

Hope this helps

Ok! Those last 2 replies were hilarious! The question was about Tony Nancy's 22 JR Dragster which was a nationally known dragster that Revell made a kit of - not jr dragsters. An easy mistake to make if you aren't reading very carefully. ;)

The chute lines usually attached to the lower rear most part of the frame. Typically there is a steel ring that the lines attach to and the ring is attached to some sort of a bracket welded or bolted to the frame. The 22 Jr has a full body so I would not worry about thow accurate it is.

Iam going to attept a build of the 22 jr dragsters the red and silver ones I would like to know where the cute lines would attach to at the frame any help will be greatful

Buck up on your proofreading, son.

If you've been around drag racing all of your life then you would have read the original post and known what he was referring to. If not, then it's easy to see where the miscommunication was.

Old Coyote would be the best point of reference to ask of this question as he is the authority on vintage drag racing. I wasn't around until 67 so I missed the real early days so I couldn't tell you with any certainty.

In 1962-1964, the timeframe these two cars were on the track, towlines were not required on drag chutes. While Jim Deist of Deist Drag Chutes made a model with a towline, neither of Tony Nancy's cars used it. The Modified Roadster used a standard Deist chute attached to the roll bar behind the driver's head, while the dragster used the standard chute mounted to a steel brace which was tucked inside a rear body cavity. Neither of these two cars had external towlines attached at all. The only "lines" to the chutes were the release cables.

Edited by Old Coyote