Leyland 4x4 Wrecker

APF3aWeb.jpg

How about a Pete Monster truck?

IMG_00842JPG.jpg

Advanced Design COE crew cab car hauler

nat0549-1.jpg

Advanced Design COE Wrecker

RattowtruckJPG-1.jpg

Now mind you I love my old rigs but I got newer ones too. I like doing research so if anybody is looking for any I'll dig.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

the original colors were white and a light green, in either 76' or 77' they went to 2 sets of stripes: white cab with orange, yellow and green stripes on bottom half of cab, on top half of KW was the same, on petes the top stripes were red yellow and green, lol i think maybe because ol tom inman was partial to those new petes and he was red headed . on hanks you can see the newer trailer with a rainbow stripe down the side. the frames were all painted green. sounds kinda cooky but it was a really sharp lookin paint scheme. that was back when monfort and tom inman ruled the "hammer lane". after im done with the 3 biulds im doing now i plan on a biulding a couple, 1 pete and 1 kw. ill show pics of biuld if i ever figure out how to put pics on here. lol

the original colors were white and a light green, in either 76' or 77' they went to 2 sets of stripes: white cab with orange, yellow and green stripes on bottom half of cab, on top half of KW was the same, on petes the top stripes were red yellow and green, lol i think maybe because ol tom inman was partial to those new petes and he was red headed . on hanks you can see the newer trailer with a rainbow stripe down the side. the frames were all painted green. sounds kinda cooky but it was a really sharp lookin paint scheme. that was back when monfort and tom inman ruled the "hammer lane". after im done with the 3 biulds im doing now i plan on a biulding a couple, 1 pete and 1 kw. ill show pics of biuld if i ever figure out how to put pics on here. lol

I thought I saw on on Gone in 60 Seconds 2 today. But it was an International that was Blue with I think red, orange and yellow stripes.

I thought I saw on on Gone in 60 Seconds 2 today. But it was an International that was Blue with I think red, orange and yellow stripes.

ill have to check that out, i know tom bought a few fords and internationals before he went out of biusiness i think in 83'. thanks for the heads up, now keep yours down brother. stay safe and come home happy, semper fi

dennis

ill have to check that out, i know tom bought a few fords and internationals before he went out of biusiness i think in 83'. thanks for the heads up, now keep yours down brother. stay safe and come home happy, semper fi

dennis

No problem. The rig kind of is colored like the old "Rainbow Brite" cartoon my sis used to watch, lol.

Here is a pic from imcdb:

It clearly has the rectangular sign probably covering the original sign on the doors.

post-6455-12765870300148_thumb.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

No problem. The rig kind of is colored like the old "Rainbow Brite" cartoon my sis used to watch, lol.

Here is a pic from imcdb:

It clearly has the rectangular sign probably covering the original sign on the doors.

thats not a tom inman truck, colorfull though lol. when i get home ill try and get some pics of paint scheme, maybe i can draw it up. thanks anyway

dennis

Dennis,

Interesting thread. Yes I know it should be in the 1:1 section but interesting none the less. The green truck with the logging boom in the first photo is an AEC Matador probably 1940-1941 vintage. After the last war there was a great shortage of vehicles in Britain so many ex military vehicles found their way into Civy Street to fill a large gap. For those interested Howard at Kit Form Services has plans for releasing an AEC Matador early in 2011.

Best Wishes

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Advanced Design COE Wrecker

RattowtruckJPG-1.jpg

Now THAT is a swwetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! What a neat build that would make. Old trucks are so neat and have so much character. Imagine if this one could talk.. She was in her prime back in the day before all the rules and regulations so one can only imagine some of the loads she's carried. She just sits there looking so cute and smug and ready to give her all one more time. With her visor pulled so low across the windshield, she looks like she's ready to just get out there and give 'er - get the job done! Yeah!! Man, I'd love to have that one sitting in my back yard. Imagine cruising the local cruise night in that? She'd turn some heads! I just have a real soft spot for old work trucks. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)B):D

There already is it's called 1:1 Truck Reference.

What would be the issue with just letting this thread rub it's course? Just wondering. personally, I think it is a neat idea to just have pictures of unique old road warriors.. Just my thought... B):DB)

Now THAT is a swwetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! What a neat build that would make. Old trucks are so neat and have so much character. Imagine if this one could talk.. She was in her prime back in the day before all the rules and regulations so one can only imagine some of the loads she's carried. She just sits there looking so cute and smug and ready to give her all one more time. With her visor pulled so low across the windshield, she looks like she's ready to just get out there and give 'er - get the job done! Yeah!! Man, I'd love to have that one sitting in my back yard. Imagine cruising the local cruise night in that? She'd turn some heads! I just have a real soft spot for old work trucks. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:):)

Yeah so do I. Especially ones involved with service stations.

hey TJ hope your days are short. i made a lil scetch of the tom inman colors in case you run across any pics let me know please. the cabs were whit with 2 sets of stripes like these :tominmancolors.jpg

take it easy over there

dennis

I will. I will also keep an eye out for those trucks.