Model Cars Magazine Forum

my new model truck build

How did you make the bedsides?

I'd like to know, too! I'm split on the custom dually look, I both like and dislike them, I think it's because I have a 1:1 dually built to haul, but a nice custom is nice, too. The roll pan on the back, is that the rear exhaust openings from the Ram VTS truck? The stance looks killer, it sits like a Chevy diecast dually I found somewhere that also has monster wheels like yours. I'm going to be interested in how this one turns out!

How did you make the bedsides?

i didn't make them i bought a resin model truck kit off ebay was just the cab n bed floor pan hd hood n door panels..this is the guys ebay who makes them he allso has 99-02 crew cabs to http://myworld.ebay.com/moma1437/ just check it everynow n then u will eventurally see one back on his list of items 4 sale

I'd like to know, too! I'm split on the custom dually look, I both like and dislike them, I think it's because I have a 1:1 dually built to haul, but a nice custom is nice, too. The roll pan on the back, is that the rear exhaust openings from the Ram VTS truck? The stance looks killer, it sits like a Chevy diecast dually I found somewhere that also has monster wheels like yours. I'm going to be interested in how this one turns out!

actaully no the rollpan is off the 99 chevy silverado custom pickup model id thought it would look cooler having exhaust in the back then not seeing one at all lol.the wheels are off a 1:24 dub diecast dually

There is something about those slammed duallies that just look awesome !!! Are you gonna throw some sub boxes in the bed ?

not quite sure yet im building a nitrogen bottle rack n want to allso do a goose neck hook up allso.i could iether do speakers in bed or a whole wall in the ext part

actaully no the rollpan is off the 99 chevy silverado custom pickup model id thought it would look cooler having exhaust in the back then not seeing one at all lol.the wheels are off a 1:24 dub diecast dually

The rollpan is cooler than no exhaust, and I have a dub dually, too, that was the diecast I mentioned, but it has different style wheels. I like the ones you found! Was your dub a red Chevy crewcab?

did you know BTW that we now have a special segment dedicated to pick up trucks ?

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showforum=35

actaully no lol i just found this website the other nite..how do i get to it?

If you're talking about Eelco's suggestion, scroll down on the main forum page, it's near the bottom in the "Model Trucks" section. It says:

Pickups, SUVs, Non-Commercial Trucks

For those who like pickups, SUVs, and other non-Big Rig Trucks.