Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Carrera GT

geckoman1220

okay got this from hobby lobby on clearence for about $35 and its just going to be a stock Carrera GT. the only thing i am adding is body color valve covers to bring color to the engine bay.

DSCF6031.jpg

DSCF6049.jpg

DSCF6050.jpg

DSCF6054.jpg

i need to do some touch ups on the engine.

DSCF6052.jpg

DSCF6051.jpg

tell me what you think, the body is cleared but not polished.

Edited by geckoman1220

update: 6-21-10

started on the monocoque which is like the interior floor pan and engine braces.

the reall car has a full carbon fiber monocoque, now it would be waaaayy to difficult( for me) to cover this in carbon fiber decals and black paints looks nothing like carbon fiber. so what i did was spray is black then go over it with VERY THIN LIGHT COATS of testors one coat lacquer graphite mettalic. i did this till i got a acceptable carbon fiber color. ill be doing this with most carbon fiber parts.

now the paint does have a bit of pearl in it which really stands out in the sun, but in person this looks way more like carbon fiber than plain black paint ...

DSCF6075.jpg

DSCF6076.jpg

leave some comments!!!!!!!

Update: 6-24-10

@ Pual, yeah it the engine brace, you'll see when it all comes together.

here are the complted front brakes. these were easy to paint because the caliper were molded speratly. to resemble carbon ceramic brake disk i did the same carbon fiber method and colored the disk with a pencil for the graphic look.

DSCF6096.jpg

DSCF6094.jpg

DSCF6095.jpg

i got alot of the front suspension done, still have a few things to add and some more details to paint. and honestly all this front suspension will be 100% covered up. once the body is on you will not be able to see it.

DSCF6097.jpg

DSCF6099.jpg

DSCF6101.jpg

DSCF6102.jpg

DSCF6098.jpg

This is looking really good. It's too bad the front suspension will be hidden, as your detailing is great. There have been many times I've built Tamiya models, and wondered why I spent so much time on parts that will never be seen. That's okay, YOU know it's there! (And so do those following this thread!) :D