Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 glue bomb 4070's

here is a pic of the 2 international 4070b glue bombs ive been workin on. this is first time tryin to put pics so i hope it works! lol

this is cabs after interior out and off frame before any cutting

gluebombs2.jpggluebombs3.jpggluebombs6.jpggluebombs5.jpg

this is what they look like as of 6/29/10 did alot of body work, the double sleeper had a bunch of cracks i had to fix lol they both were a trainwreck. now they primed and still have lots of body work left!

gluebombs7.jpggluebombs8.jpggluebombs9.jpggluebombs10.jpg

youll notice i only have the back air vent on drivers side, figured i would have a closet and tv stand behind drivers seat. incase any body is curious about the double bunk length it is a 106"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im tryin to figure this pic thing out, please be patient with me.

dennis

Edited by cowboysevens

Hey Hey, Dennis

I just wanted to let you know that when I clicked on this post and saw you got some pics on it, I fell out in the floor :D:):D I knew you would figure it out.

Nice job on the cabs so far, keep us posted.

I built this one a while back.

122409005.jpg

122409007.jpg

hey jerry do you have any problems with to much wieght on the steer axle? my plan so far is to paint the double bunk rootbeer brown and creme, im biulding the frame with a 4' (1.92") extension and air ride. im thinkin bout puttin a roof mount a/c unit on it and a wing air deflector, dual airbreathers and stacks. if you have any suggestions for me please dont hold back, lol im sure you had a fun time trying to keep that body contour also.

dennis

well i just found 2 more real life doublebunk 4070's on that site kevin, thanks for the link.

doublebunktranstar2.jpgtranstardoublebunk.jpgtranstardoublebunk3.jpg

well with the 4 pics of the real trucks then jerry and my models that makes 6, so much for my originallity idea lol. hmmmmmm anymore out there????????

dennis

Edited by cowboysevens

Dennis, I had not problems other than the fact the rear part of the cab is from the 4070A cab. I had a few problems with that. The pic looks better than the actual model. :lol:

i know what you mean as far as lining up the body, both peices i used were from a 4070b. the cab is rounded front to back, it was realy hard to find a happy medium and then bend the rest into shape wich was a mistake cause it is more work sanding out the warps than if i had just filled the seem lines a lil more. this biuld is alot mor technical than what i bargained for, but im keepin on it. im using primer to help me find all the warps and bad spots, i really hope i get this right. lol i bet ill have a couple hundred hours by the time im done!!

dennis

here is a pic of the 2 international 4070b glue bombs ive been workin on. this is first time tryin to put pics so i hope it works! lol

this is cabs after interior out and off frame before any cutting

gluebombs2.jpggluebombs3.jpggluebombs6.jpggluebombs5.jpg

this is what they look like as of 6/29/10 did alot of body work, the double sleeper had a bunch of cracks i had to fix lol they both were a trainwreck. now they primed and still have lots of body work left!

gluebombs7.jpggluebombs8.jpggluebombs9.jpggluebombs10.jpg

youll notice i only have the back air vent on drivers side, figured i would have a closet and tv stand behind drivers seat. incase any body is curious about the double bunk length it is a 106"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

im tryin to figure this pic thing out, please be patient with me.

dennis

Hello Dennis

Nice work on the Internationals. It is the first time I see a double sleeper International. Nice to see you save 2 old models.

Keep us posted. Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Really nice work on those "extended" COE cabs.

...Strange to se that International never offered a bigger 106"-110" cab option (or MiniBus higher top version!) back in the 70's, on the 4070/Transtar II COE tractors...North America's #1 Best seller COE tractor back then, odd when we know that so many 4070 & Transtar II were leased/purchased by so many Moving van lines (& truck lines): double bunks would have been a very good selling option for the #1 COE class 8 truck seller.

Wonder who did all the "110"??? "extension" cab conversions on the real ones we see on pix :D

Nice work on the 'Binders so far. I like these IHs any way they come, but the more unusual, the better. Dan

ok here ya go DAN , i found this pic and im not sure what to call it lol maybe a triple sleeper?definately unusual!

4070b2sleepers.jpg

lol here another unusual corn binder wierdbinder.jpg

here is an areodyne i found:

4070aerodyne.jpg

Edited by cowboysevens

Those cabs are looking good so far.

In post #3 the picture of that double bunk throws me off. I've never seen anything like that before. It actually looks cool.

The truck w/ the bullbars and the two additional sleepers was definitly one of a kind. However I completely understand why the driver had it done. One of my former co worker's brother was an O/O w/ Atlas Van Lines (I think that's the company). He hired two extra hands that helped him move both residential and commercial. His truck was a COE Freightliner w/ a single bunk. This guy made his helpers sleep in the trailer using moving blanks for their bedding and covers. He refused them to sleep in his truck. I'm gonna guess the owner of this 4070 put the extra bunks on there for his hired help. Both sleepers look a little like 359 sleepers and also mounted under the bull bars looks alot like a pair of headlight buckets from a 359 as well.

i forgot i had a couple of mock up pics for ideas

doublebunkmockup.jpgmockup2n.jpgmockup3.jpg

here it is on its stretched frame:

mockup4.jpgmockup5.jpg

the head ache rack will have a wood deck, for tarps , small load etc..

any suggestions are welcome, thanks

dennis

Edited by cowboysevens

all right i need some ideas from some of you more experianced body and paint guys, im really struggling with the body lines on this one. PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, lol im bout out of patience. on top half of cab is an inverted body line next to the roll down part of the cab, i eather end up with that roll sqaure or i loose the body line. on the very bottom of cab is a body line that is strait front to back, lol and dang if i can keep it that way!! thanks for any help with this :rolleyes::blink::rolleyes:

here is the bottom line:

22069500.jpg

here is the top line :

66617340.jpg

thanks, dennis

I'd say for the bottom line, you could sand it completely off and use some Evergreen Strip half round to reinstall it. As for the top line, you may be able to do the same thing, except making the squared off groove you were afraid of making, then use the Evergreen quarter round rods in the groove to add the line back in. I don't know if it would work or not, but it's an idea. Maybe pratice on the remainder of the cabs before you goof the good one up.

After the flat parts above and below the ridges are nice and flat ,put masking tape above and below,so your only sanding and filling the raised parts.Also use a ruler or some other flat edge to gauge if your work is too hi or low.You will get, it if it takes a long time,you'll be an expert when done.Kevin

i like the a/c unit better than the air deflector.but that thing is gonna be cool either way. :);)

The way those mock up pics look, Dennis would have the roof space to put both the a/c and air deflector on if he wanted.