Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Midnight Z

Railfreak78

Hi everyone B) This here is a Monogram release of Midnight Z. I'm doing this basically stock though and based on a color combo that was offered on this car. I may add a couple tweaks to it as I go but this is the start. I also already made myself more work. I started this during a weekend get away and dropped it packing up to come home. Now the nose needs some work already. :) Oh well... enjoy! 79Camarosideshot.jpgDSC03913.jpgDSC03919.jpgDSC03921.jpgDSC03923.jpgDSC03925.jpgDSC03926.jpg

Nice to see how it goes together. The Revell '79 (same kit?) is my next project. I`m building a replica of my sister in law`s z car as a Christmas gift. Her 1:1 is in my garage. She lives in another part of the country so I'm hoping to pull off a 'giveable' build/replica. It`s the dark blue one with the turbine style wheels. The revell kit has the blue decals but not the wheels however I did find a 'close enough' set in a chevy impala lowrider kit. They`re gold plated, but I`ll strip them and spray them the graphite/steel color. Keep posting your progress, I'll do the same when I start mine. Maybe we can compare notes.

Gateway Classic Cars are about 2 miles down the road from my house...

man thats funny i used to live 5 blocks from gatwayclassics i seen that place turned in to it .

it was a venture store years ago..now im 40 min from there ..

sorry bro nice build on that comaro its sweetttttt.......

Nice to see how it goes together. The Revell '79 (same kit?) is my next project. I`m building a replica of my sister in law`s z car as a Christmas gift. Her 1:1 is in my garage. She lives in another part of the country so I'm hoping to pull off a 'giveable' build/replica. It`s the dark blue one with the turbine style wheels. The revell kit has the blue decals but not the wheels however I did find a 'close enough' set in a chevy impala lowrider kit. They`re gold plated, but I`ll strip them and spray them the graphite/steel color. Keep posting your progress, I'll do the same when I start mine. Maybe we can compare notes.

Hey Mike I will look forward to your build as well. I am not sure if the Revell kit is the same or not. I know this is the same chassis as the old "WarBird" in this following picture. The Bird has the same stock or drag option. Maybe someone else can enlighten us. I can't picture the wheels off hand but if they are what I am thinking they are,.. I might have them on a messed up promo. Let me do some research :Dbrianspics2001.jpg

Also thanks for the comliments guys. Time to go work on it some more :lol: