Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Slightly" modified 454SS truck

Modellpularn

I started this one years ago. About two years ago, when my son was here, he decided he wanted to build one, so I dug out this one and thought I should finish it. I came halfway, because the Chevy engine orange paint took some time drying..... Now it's been sitting... The other day I got inspired to finish it - contest coming up Saturday.... Masked off the bottom part and sprayed some purple metallic. It needs a yellow stripe between the colors, and I'll probably add some graphics.

IMG_4688.jpg

Edited by Modellpularn

Ok guys, thanks for your positive comments! Graphic time, I thought about using the Slixx checkerboard wave, but it cracked and split in five places....!! Ohh no :) Back to the decal box, and finally decided to use these. I called my LHS that caters mostly to R/C stuff, and they ordered this thin yellow stripe tape for me. Got it today, and it made all the difference! Just been clearcoated, here it is sitting in the sun on my balcony.

IMG_4694.jpg

Thanks again guys. Those last minute trashings before a show are never any good. It didn't get finished, but I brought it for display at my vendor table, so I could show some progress.... :) I'm quite pleased with it so far.

Edited by Modellpularn