Model Cars Magazine Forum

Homemade Spray Booth Question

Hi guys, been a while since i was last here and trying to read up on everything i missed, awesome help and ideas from all of you guys and that is why i am here again, i need some help. I just got a Dayton Blower and i was wondering how did you guys with such a system go about attatching it to your booth? thanks for the help guys.

Matthew,

I don't have Dayton blower but I can provide you with some do's and don'ts.

Don't restrict the airflow any more than is necessary. Don't save a few $ by stepping down in ducting diameter.

Keep air flow direction changes to a minimum.

Don't use flexible ducting. Use sheet metal ducting.

Steve

Matthew,

I don't have Dayton blower but I can provide you with some do's and don'ts.

Don't restrict the airflow any more than is necessary. Don't save a few $ by stepping down in ducting diameter.

Keep air flow direction changes to a minimum.

Don't use flexible ducting. Use sheet metal ducting.

Steve

thanks for the tips Steve, will keep those in mind when i put this thing together

Hi guys, been a while since i was last here and trying to read up on everything i missed, awesome help and ideas from all of you guys and that is why i am here again, i need some help. I just got a Dayton Blower and i was wondering how did you guys with such a system go about attatching it to your booth? thanks for the help guys.

I don't know which Dayton blower you have but I used a #1TDR7 blower on my paint booth. The biggest problem was that the Flange for attaching the exhaust duct to is square and interferes with the blower mounting surface so you have to make up a 1/2" spacer in order to mount it. When you make the spacer drill (4) clearance holes (5/16) on a 5.358 in. bolt circle, 4 equally spaced and the same (4) holes through the back wall of the booth. NOTE: orient the holes with (2) vertically and (2) horizontal so the blower will be in proper orientation. You can then use (4) bolts to mount the blower. I don't remember if the bolt thread is inch or metric, you will have to buy some test bolts and check the tapped holes in the blower. (1/4" or 6MM diameter I think)

The next problem is making up a transition piece for attaching round 4" exhaust duct to the square flange. I ended up buying a "through the wall duct with a square flange" on it and cutting it up to make it work.

Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't to bad and works excellent when done.