Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corpsevette....(Formerly Haulin' Hearse)New photos page 3

Custom Hearse

Ask and ye shall receive. I found this shot of a 68 Vette (stock, not corpsevette) but I think it may help.

CIMG5164.jpg

From this angle it looks as though the polished aluminum trim on the rockerpanel actually juts out a little to support the pipe (think running boards as to how the "trim" actually mutitasks to suppurt the exhaust)

heres another example. This one looks to have rather long bolts coming down from the rocker panel and through the exhaust clamps. Looks to me they did whatever worked for each application, bu at least now you got a couple options

0773126.jpg

Thanks Brian. It gives me an idea of how it's mounted. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me! ;):rolleyes::lol: :lol:

This is gonna take some time to figure up.....

Why dont you just take aluminum tubing and connect it to the chassis?

Aluminum tubing or some type of metal rod.... I was trying to find a lazy way to mount it without having to pull it back apart.... Looks like I'll have to after all....

For your good post, you can come out of your room now.... (I must be insane! I told a MARINE to go to his room :huh: ) :D:blink::lol: :lol:

Custum, could you drill a hole on the back of them, then using thin copper wire, make an "L" shaped hanger, that'll slip into the hole in the back of the tube, and the shorter leg of the wire can fit into a hole drilled into the bottom of the framerails. The original header tubes were mounted in a similar way to the real vehicals,only they were more like 2 in wide straps that mounted to the frame rails, by welding or useing self tapping bolts.Hope this helps somehow. :D

Ha your funny, I didnt retreat, I just re-grouped for a later assault. :D:o

I'm in deep *%#@ now!!!! :huh::o :o ;):lol:

Custum, could you drill a hole on the back of them, then using thin copper wire, make an "L" shaped hanger, that'll slip into the hole in the back of the tube, and the shorter leg of the wire can fit into a hole drilled into the bottom of the framerails. The original header tubes were mounted in a similar way to the real vehicals,only they were more like 2 in wide straps that mounted to the frame rails, by welding or useing self tapping bolts.Hope this helps somehow. :D

That does help out allot! I'm definitely going to give that a try! Thanks George!