Model Cars Magazine Forum

HELP with a W.J. project

Hey Guys-

I'm looking to duplicate WJ's Olds "A.C.Delco" Pro Stock car (in diecast form) from back in the 90's. I've yet to find a company that reproduces the decals for this car (see attached). I'm looking to this knowledgable forum and it's members to point me in the right direction. Anyone out there that can MAKE these decals for me and what would the cost be?

THANK-YOU....Marty

post-4685-12800001637767_thumb.jpg

post-4685-12800001987967_thumb.jpg

Marty Slixx Decals does these heres the link to the decals you are looking for http://www.slixx.com/7088.htm?id=3895

Hope this helps you

JASON-

I need the AC DELCO decals, not the GM PERFORMANCE PARTS decals. Maybe I missed something on the SLIXX web-site. Do you have the part # that references back to the SLIXX's "AC DELCO" decals?

THANKS....Marty

Marty, here is what you need. Either the WJ kit decals or the Slixx sheet mentioned above. Those will give you the basics for completing this paint scheme. The other sheet you need is an older Slixx Nascar sheet, #9552/1092, which is for a Ken Schrader Lumina Nascar. The sheet comes with two large, white printed AC Delco logos for the side of the car and one smaller one, also in white, that can be used for the spoiler. Two things, though, you would have to add the blue overlap on each AC Delco decal with a marker or hand paint it and you will have to find another source for the hood decal. I do not know of any decal sheet from any form of racing that has that three part AC Delco logo that shows on the hood of this car. You could probably do an online search for a good one dimensional view of this logo and size it to fit the hood area and print it onto your own decal paper. If you want to attempt this and are in need of the decal that I mentioned let me know as I have a few extras.

Marty, here is what you need. Either the WJ kit decals or the Slixx sheet mentioned above. Those will give you the basics for completing this paint scheme. The other sheet you need is an older Slixx Nascar sheet, #9552/1092, which is for a Ken Schrader Lumina Nascar. The sheet comes with two large, white printed AC Delco logos for the side of the car and one smaller one, also in white, that can be used for the spoiler. Two things, though, you would have to add the blue overlap on each AC Delco decal with a marker or hand paint it and you will have to find another source for the hood decal. I do not know of any decal sheet from any form of racing that has that three part AC Delco logo that shows on the hood of this car. You could probably do an online search for a good one dimensional view of this logo and size it to fit the hood area and print it onto your own decal paper. If you want to attempt this and are in need of the decal that I mentioned let me know as I have a few extras.

WAYNE-

Wow, thahks for all the help and insight, I appreciate it. I've located the Ken Schrader Slixx decal sheet that you spoke of, I ordered the Slixx W.J. olds decals, I'll be getting my hands on an diecast Olds Cutless from a friend in a week or two, so I guess the last on the parts list is that hood decal. I would like to get my hands on that one you have so if you can PM me with what you need for that, I'd appreciate it. THANKS again for your help and advice!

Marty

• 2 weeks later...