Model Cars Magazine Forum

kustom 55 four door

sobpinstriping

hello, im pretty new here but here is the last car i finished, and my first time trying to do a two tone paint job and kustom i used push pins for the grill and made it a four door i used headphone wires for spark plugs and battery cables

my buddie has the 1/1 version of it so i thought it would be nice to make it and give it to him

let me know what you guys think

100_0579.jpg

100_0569.jpg

100_0564.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0576.jpg

100_0561.jpg

100_0514.jpg

thanks to wagonner for the hubcaps

Edited by sobpinstriping

Hey Mat,

Car looks very cool, paint is nice, I'm trying to work up the nerve to do a two-tone, hope it comes out as good as yours. What a nice gift for your friend, a very kind thing to do. Another great reason to build, car looks cool. And, ya gotta love the fink!! Thanks for posting.

Mike

Mat-

That is quite an ambitious build you did there! Doing a replica is always tricky. I see you did ask for our opinions however.

The first thing that jumps out is the rear door line edge you added is way too far forward. That, along with the rear post you added, should be back enough so it forms what is known as a “dog leg†near the rear wheel opening, and would be a narrow "dog leg" curve.

The pins in the grille seem to have a random pattern to them, at least to my eye. Did you measure out the pattern before you drilled any holes?

I hope this isn’t too harsh on you. The subject of posting unconditional praise recently came up here on the board, with the consensus seeming to be, if someone asks for opinions, we should do so openly and fair. With each build we do, we strive to do better than the one before. Keep at it!

Mat-

That is quite an ambitious build you did there! Doing a replica is always tricky. I see you did ask for our opinions however.

The first thing that jumps out is the rear door line edge you added is way too far forward. That, along with the rear post you added, should be back enough so it forms what is known as a "dog leg" near the rear wheel opening, and would be a narrow "dog leg" curve.

The pins in the grille seem to have a random pattern to them, at least to my eye. Did you measure out the pattern before you drilled any holes?

I hope this isn't too harsh on you. The subject of posting unconditional praise recently came up here on the board, with the consensus seeming to be, if someone asks for opinions, we should do so openly and fair. With each build we do, we strive to do better than the one before. Keep at it!

thanks for the comment, as for the rear door, i wanted to put it further back but the roof isnt quite long enough for that, i would of ended up with a tiny lil rear window, i should of extended the roof a lil bit but that was a lot more work than im able to do yet. and the grill, well i was a lil intoxicated when i was working on that, like i said this was my first atempt and doing something thats not compleatly out of the box, thier are a few other things that im not happy about but im working on another custom and ive learned a few things in the process so we will see how it turns out

thanks again

cheers

mat

Edited by sobpinstriping