Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of the Models I've built so far...

TurboKitty

Thanks, Michelle, and my truck I'm building was going to be painted in DupliColor Mirage, but no place in my area stocks it anymore. :( I ended up finding a similar paint at Lowes, which was what I painted the truck itself, I just want something different for the frame. Since it seems like you have a nice eye for color, check it out and give me an idea! :lol: Here's a link to it:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28849

By the way, the idea I have in my mind is to both compliment and contrast the cab's color at the same time, and something more interesting than just plain old black.

wow, that is a massive truck you're building! I love the Chrome Illusion style paint that is on it, also. As for the frame, I have seen some Semi rigs at local car shows that had fully chromed frames, gold plated frames (honestly don't think that would look good with the paint on yours though, it's no lowrider lol), and one that stuck out with a bright pearl white frame. The main body paint color was an intense midnight blue pearl, with pearl white pinstriping, and white leather upholstery with blue piping. It was gorgeous as far as big trucks go! For yours, with the various colors it gives off, chrome would probably be best, it wouldn't look out of place that way (like gold plating would).

Possibly a charcoal pearl would look good, it would be a subtle custom touch. In the end it's your model, build it to suit you ;)

Possibly a charcoal pearl would look good, it would be a subtle custom touch. In the end it's your model, build it to suit you :blink:

Thanks for the input, Michelle. The chrome frame idea is nice, and a few others suggested that as well, but since I'm going for a working show truck look, it would take a lot of polishing at the shows! B) I used to drive a rig that I always wanted to look like a working show truck, so I know some of the work that would be involved. ;)

Anyway, you really got me thinking now, and the charcoal pearl idea would be very cool. I went back through your pics of your Riv and really like how the Blazing Black looks on it, and how it's black, but not really black. Thanks for the help, I think I see a trip to Michael's (since that's the only place I've seen those paints in my area so far) in my very near future! ;)

Thanks for the input, Michelle. The chrome frame idea is nice, and a few others suggested that as well, but since I'm going for a working show truck look, it would take a lot of polishing at the shows! B) I used to drive a rig that I always wanted to look like a working show truck, so I know some of the work that would be involved. ;)

Anyway, you really got me thinking now, and the charcoal pearl idea would be very cool. I went back through your pics of your Riv and really like how the Blazing Black looks on it, and how it's black, but not really black. Thanks for the help, I think I see a trip to Michael's (since that's the only place I've seen those paints in my area so far) in my very near future! ;)

Glad I could help, it's a really nice color! I'll be using it again sometime lol. I'm looking forward to seeing your truck completed :blink:

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

Hot Dang, You CAN build, Girl!!! Clean building technics are the fundemental basics of model building, an it looks like you got THAT down,Kiddo!!! Not to shabby a painter there either! THAT'S always been my down fall, but i tell ya Chelle, you sure do pretty darn good from MY point of veiw! You GO girl!!!!laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Hot Dang, You CAN build, Girl!!! Clean building technics are the fundemental basics of model building, an it looks like you got THAT down,Kiddo!!! Not to shabby a painter there either! THAT'S always been my down fall, but i tell ya Chelle, you sure do pretty darn good from MY point of veiw! You GO girl!!!!laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

LOL Thank you! I still have more to learn and accomplish, but all in good time :)