Model Cars Magazine Forum

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Tony T

This is for a group build that is due in Jan 2011! I just got going on it a few weeks ago, and just couldn't not finish building it!!

Nice kit, lots of detail decals, and lots of opportunity to add tons of extra detail if you wanted to.

I decided on a build it as a stock SRT8, but with custom semi-gloss black paint, and gunmetal stock wheels. Used gunmetal on the interior areas that would be silver/aluminum (dash panel, console). Other than the no-name tire sidewalls, the kit is a very nice representation of the Challenger.

I was having so much fun building it, I didn't stop to take progress pictures!

Anyways - Interior is mostly Tamiya semi gloss black, body is Krylon semi gloss black, as is floor of interior, and the black parts of the chassis. The grey on the chassis is Krylon primer.

I'll see if I get used to the semi gloss black. I may chicken out and give it a couple of coats of Future...we'll see!

Anyways - here's some pics (more in my photobucket album). Enjoy!

09Challenger005.jpg

09Challenger009.jpg

09Challenger015.jpg

09Challenger019.jpg

09Challenger020.jpg

09Challenger030.jpg

Hey Tony,

Sweet, love the wheels. Color is nice on it. I just bought a 09 Challenger kit Sat. and it dosnt have the engine, etc. and was $20!!! geez. Well after seeing yours i know I bought the wrong one to detail so I guess ill build mine box stock now lol.

Manny