Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

New work, new guy.

Tradeshowjoe

I feel like I've been holding out on you guys. I have this dio almost complete, and this is it's first appearance here. I've been following your work here and i love it all, I am glad to be a part of the "dio" subset. I have a garage dio that is only temporarily assembled, good thing as I have already decided to redo it in a larger setting. I'll post pics of soon, need to be resized and uploaded to photobucket first.

Now back to this kit. It is the (reissue I believe) hawk classics "Woodie on a Surfari" from the "Silly Surfers" line. Fun kit. Badly molded.And wow! some of the parts were just awful. The entire front end had to be reworked. I cut off the radiator cap,split the rad and then removed some plastic from the rear half to get the "grill look. I also removed the grill face and replaced it with pantyhose. Also moved the light to a more correct position. Talk about lame, the front suspension was two sticks, that's it! I fixed it and lost the front bumper in the process. I scratch built a dash for it where there was none. I replaced the horrible "headers" with custom solder jobs (my first). What else? Oh yea, the bed is all clad in real wood.

I have some more progress done, but no photos yet. I'll be 100% with it soon, waiting till then.

teaser: there is a driver, I tatted him all up, and 2 custom surfboards.

onthebeach3.jpg

onthebeachrsz.jpg

onthebeach2rsz.jpg

onthebeachwithcrabbiersz.jpg

thanks for lookin'. Surf's up! (somewhere, not here :lol: )

-final shots soon.

Joe